ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyways...my buddys plug faulted...number 2 to be specific..work space is a lil limited but its nothin compared to the ol' z31 so i was happy to help...after removing this number 2 cyl plug i looked to see what i believed was an oil fouled plug...a smooth glazing of shiny engine oil..he refused my advice on this sayin its bad rings, valve seals or a plugged pvc and said it was simply cause it hadnt been running that cylinder and the black gloss had built up....BUUUUUUUULLLLSHIIIITTTT BUDDY....why did the plug fail then lol...you got yourself a leak... am i wrong?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yep. I dunno what your buddie's smoking (besides his motor), but that sure sounds like an internal oil leak on an opposed-cylinder motor.

That sucks for him. The PVC valve is the cheap fix, but any of the others are going to get really ugly to fix. The burning oil is going to play **** with his O2 sensor, turbo, and his cats.

He'll start seeing smoke on acceleration soon.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
opposed...horizontally opposed you mean...pcv valve...fairly new car...i dunno...sounds like a ring that didnt seat...doubt its the valve seals...i think its funny how he wudnt take my word for it lol...no i guess hed rather drum up some other idea that makes no **** sense and decide to go with that and risk the life of his wrx...oh well..i guess nissan mechanics are smarter in the end...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.