ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny you should ask. I have been into cars for years and recently discovered and restored and race a 280z. The same is true of all cars particularly the Z, they are not as fast as the owners think. In fact I cant beleive these cars compete against the Corvette for sales as these were so slow. But, If you have some mechanic ability and get Bob Waar book on "How to Hot Rod and Race" you can make your Z pretty respectable. Do not believe everything you read particularlly on this sight. However acording to Road & Track 6/1975 the Z ran 0-60 in 9.4 seconds, 1/4 mile was 17.3 seconds, top speed 119. But Fuel Economy was19.5mpg. I should add according to my G-tech my 280 runs the 0-60 in 6.8 seconds running fuel injection and the stock cam. I bet I could get sub 6 seconds if I really tried.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm interested to see what my 79 will be able to do.
My 81 was pretty slow - top of about 12 seconds to 60mph. It had some kind of engine problems, and was auto (was a bit sloppy).
My 79 is manual, and has an 82 engine in it, so I figure it should do pretty well, once the clutch and exhaust manifold are fixed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.