ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone here has there Z going 0-60 in the 4-6 second range. I've just been wondering lately what it would take to get a Z to perform more like a sport bike ie. starting and stopping. My Z feels too heavy for the amount of power the engine is putting out but rather than go with a V8 I would rather stick with a 6 cylinder with a lighter car and probably more horsepower. Have there been any Toyota Supra Twin Turbo conversions?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Im running the quarter in high 13s with a stock airbox because i just got it smogged. So im guessing my 0-60 is in that range. Im running a NA L28 that was built by Pierre' Z in Hawthorne cali. He bored it 0.40 over and used all the components in the big bore kit. The list of all the specs and components would take a long time. The cam he used pulls very hard at about 4.5k -6k. Im running a 5spd with a 4.10 LSD. I love the performance and for everything it set me back 2k

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
I run in the 4's but I have a V8 and I don't weigh any more then you do!

Z U V8ter

·
Registered
139 Posts
What kind of sport bikes are you thinking of? 0-60mph in the 4-6 second range for a sport bike is downright slow! 2-4 second range is about normal. You have to tell us what year Z you are thinking of, because they all weigh different, then we can tell you how to make that little car scoot and how fast it will go (just estimates though). You can stick with a 6 cylinder and make your Z pretty quick, be it a inline 6 or a V-6, but you will most likley need a turbo. Yes, I believe there has been a Datsun/Toyota hybrid. Check out www.hybridz.org for a lot of info that you will like.

!M!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
How about a stunt-man-in-cannon-like 2.83? But, I am a hybrid so it probably does not count.

Scottie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.