ZCar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At slow speed, usually just pulling out of the garage, the right rear-end grinds. Last repair I had supposedly replaced the hub bearings because that’s what I thought was the problem. However, it’s still grinding. I’m wondering if they replaced them at all. ??? Could it be the CV axle? HELP! Thanks!!! Drew

· Registered
2,830 Posts
If you have a jack and jack stands, get the rear of the car up in the air and check for play in the right rear. Grab the tire on the left and right and see if you can pull either side toward you. (You shouldn't.) Repeat this at the top and bottom.
You should be able to get under the car and check for play in the CV axles, too. There shouldn't be much play.
Who replaced the bearings?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don’t think the bearings were replaced. But my local mechanic says that the other shop may have replaced the bearings but not the “race” or “rack” around it. Not sure exactly what that is. I’m not mechanically gifted but trying to learn as much as I can. With the car sitting so long, much work to be done with limited funds. 😉

· Registered
2,830 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts