ZCar Forum banner

Ex-patriot Marylander in Midwest

628 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Inspector71 
#1 ·
I've owned sports cars since 1978: 6 Mazda Rx7s and 2 Nissan 370Z's. I still have one Rx7 and a 2015 Z. But, growing up on the east coast, and although I loved my Mazda's, I always cast covetous eyes on the Datsun 240-280Zs. Along the way, I got into Mopars and still have a 68 Barracuda, 66 Plymouth Sport Fury, 66 Plymouth Valiant convertible, and a 68 Dodge Charger. My Dilemma. All need restoration from a lot to really a lot. The Barracuda is rust free and needs money to rebuild and install the motor. The convertible needs a lot of work. The Charger needs quarter panels, trunk, paint, (what's this got to do with Z Cars? Hold on a sec). engine rebuild, interior, etc. The problem is this. I really want either a 240, 260, or pre-78 280Z. A lot. But, semi retired (forced into early retirement) and unlikely to find employment, either the Charger and Fury have to go, or I have to give up on ever having a Z. As a new member, I will be watching and reading posts to test what I am ready to let go in order to have a Z. My preference is the 280Z. So far I have not had to put my money where my mouth is. If someone offered to trade shell for shell (I have a 69 Super Bee 440 and transmission), I'm not sure what I'd do. Wish me luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.