Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z

-   New Member Introductions (https://www.zcar.com/forum/49-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   NEWB and 83' 280zx..a love story (https://www.zcar.com/forum/49-new-member-introductions/419220-newb-83-280zx-love-story.html)

K37S3Y 04-15-2019 03:10 AM

NEWB and 83' 280zx..a love story

I am...very hesitantly, haha, beginning a partial restore. I was directed by my older brother to proceed by reading forums. I have been reading from multiple sites, and found my way here. I am going to tackle this project patiently. This is going to be a milestone for me. Any and all support and is appreciated. Thank you all in advance. Vic hasn't run for better part of decade. Fuel tank, fuel lines, Injectors, Pump, and ect. Will be first task. I will periodically update on progress. Again, this may be quite a long process. If interested don't be a stranger.

bonfire79 04-15-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K37S3Y (Post 2770970)
I am...very hesitantly, haha, beginning a partial restore. I was directed by my older brother to proceed by reading forums. .

very wise, your brother is.... hmmmmmmmmmm.

i wish to do the same to a 280zx as well. in time. i think its best to make a plan to keep it for the long haul and take your time and be patient with the project. many out there simply lose interest after awhile. if you can get your hands on a solid parts car, that'd be good. its always nice to have some extra parts on hand. go here and start reading EVERYTHING S130: www.xenonzcar.com

good luck on the project.

cheers,

bon

K37S3Y 04-19-2019 03:47 PM

Thank you, this is exactly the insight, and validation I was looking for. Unfortunately, I am extremely rural so parts are most likely going to be acquired via internet only. However, I have a realistic perspective of the prospect and work involved. Thank you again for the comment, and information.

martinbrown509 04-20-2019 03:48 AM

Welcome to the forum