ZCar Forum banner

A little hp figuring this out.

961 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  zmanofwashington 
#1 ·
Car: 280zx 1982, N/A. I was removing my windshield wiper reservoir and noticed a hose and a plug that I cant figure out where it goes. I checked the Hayes manual and couldnt find it there. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It is a little hard to tell in the pictures, but it looks like it is the hose that connects the pump on the bottom of the reservoir to the front windshield sprayers, and the electrical connector for the pump. Either that or it is the hook up for the rear window sprayer. There should be two in your car, but I only see one in the picture.

#6 ·
There are actually 3 hookups for your washer bottle. 2 polarized barrel connectors for the washer sensor, and 2 multi wire plug ins like you show in the pic. 1 is for the windshield sprayer and 1 is for the rear window sprayer. If your car is the plain jane and doesn't have the rear window sprayer, I think that the plug in was still by the bottle but I wouldn't swear to that. The rear sprayer cars have 2 pumps mounted on the washer bottle whereas the plain jane's only have 1 pump on the bottle. FYI, if your sensor goes bad in the bottle then I recommend unplugging the sensor leads and clipping the leads off of the sensor itself, not off of the cars wiring. Reason you want to clip the sensor wires off is so that someone doesn't plug them in somewhere down the road. When the sensor goes bad the matrix warning system goes red on the dash. Push the button and it will show the warning that your bottle is out of solution when it could be full. Unplug it or clip the wires and the system goes back to OK instead of stay in the red screen mode.
Z man of Washington
www.datsunstore.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.