Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z - View Single Post - 1987 300ZX - incredible paint job with modern wheels
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
seth21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1987 300ZX - incredible paint job with modern wheels - $6000

Posted it on CL as well and you can find more pictures there. atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6181005776.html

I am second owner, the first owner was my uncle. Still have original manual and original window sticker.

$6000
Positives:
Only 109K miles. My uncle didn't drive it much but it was my daily driver for 5 years, it hasn't driven much in the last 5 years but kept in garage and cranked up occasionally and driven around our driveway.
Exceptional paint job - seriously top notch paint
Many new parts:
-fuel injectors replaced by dealership - this was done as part of an old recall that was previously never done on that car. The dealership also replaced the water pump and timing belt.
-water pump
-timing belt
-alternator
-K&N filter
-spark plugs
-ignition wires
-clutch
-crank angle sensor
-ignition coil
-Have new brake pads in the box in the back of the car but current ones still have some life in them
*All replaced within last 15-30K miles
Alpine head unit
New speakers
18" TSW wheels
Falken Tires
Brake calipers coated red
No cracks in dash
Good MPG: 20-21
Power seats, power windows, power side mirrors all work.

*These things were replaced this weekend - front and rear wipers. Hood and rear hatch struts.

Negatives:
(I will just be blunt about all the problems for the sake of being honest and full disclosure to buyer)

-The clutch is very 'grabby,' more so than an OEM clutch. It just takes a little getting use to if you have never driven a similar one
-The fuel gauges doesn't work (I just use the tripometer and get gas every 300-350 miles
-Bottom portion of leather seats cracked/torn(driver seat is bad, passenger seat is in OK shape)
Oil pressure gauge doesn't work
-windshield wiper fluid light always on no matter how much fluid it has
-engine 'sensor' light won't go off even though the ECU reports no problems
The engine will leak a few drops of oil if it sits for a few hrs
-when a shop replaced the clutch, the rear main seal must not have sealed 100%
-tires will need to be replaced soon

*My honest recommendation would be to change the clutch soon to put in a more driveable clutch, the rear main seal will be changed during this process so you will also eliminate any oil drips in your driveway.

Video:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXvGut8YCfs&feature=youtu.be
Its a pretty terrible video but you can hear start up and see some of the interior

Overview:
Car looks amazing and runs great. In the 6 years I drove it everyday, it has only not started 3 times(fuse, alternator and crank angle sensor were the 3 problems).

Shoot me an email with questions. Cash only. The car is in McDonough at a family members house so the car will only be available on a limited basis for showings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2584.jpg (165.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg z.jpg (43.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2571.jpg (260.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg z2.jpg (47.9 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by seth21; 06-30-2017 at 02:19 PM. Reason: add price

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome