Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z - View Single Post - 85 NA 300zx FS in Texas
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
toastworks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
85 NA 300zx FS in Texas

About a year ago, I rescued a car that had been sitting for ten years. A couple of months ago, I finished its resurrection and now it's a great, fun daily driver.

Car has 243k but engine must have been rebuilt and suspension must have been worked on.

Engine: Strong -- compression is at or above spec in all cylinders. All coolant and vacuum lines have been replaced. New water pump, new sensors, new valve cover gaskets, new NGK wires & plugs, cap, rotor. New water pump, Lots more..

Transmission: Replaced with newer one. Clutch verified as almost new. New master and slave cylinders.

Brand new rack & pinion and tie rods. Alignment performed.
Gas tank dropped, cleaned, refinished, new pump and sending unit.

Brand new tires. Alloy wheels in great shape.
New master brake cylinder. Discs and pads in great shape.

All electrics work

Body is very good. Other than a wash and a wax, I haven't addressed anything on the body. This is very likely a Texas car for its whole life. No body or frame rot. Underside looks good. One small parking lot mark on passenger side. Some of the paint is new, some is original.

Interior is great. Driver's seat has a little squeak when you sit down, and some of the carpet is a little faded, but it's all there.

Radio: I installed a little amp with an aux jack that plays through the factory speakers. Original head unit never worked, but is still in dash so it looks 100% factory.

A/C compressor looks like it's out, but the rest of the system could very well be just fine.

Complete factory tool kit and inflatable spare tire (with inflator kit!) are included. New hood and trunk hydraulics are installed.

This is super fun to drive, but I have to sell it.

Asking $3200, but PM me an offer if you have one.

http://imgur.com/a/YAca7

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome