Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z

-   ZCAR.COM Site Feedback, Issues, Help (https://www.zcar.com/forum/24-zcar-com-site-feedback-issues-help/)
-   -   ADMINISTRATORS - Phony Posts (https://www.zcar.com/forum/24-zcar-com-site-feedback-issues-help/397978-administrators-phony-posts.html)

dumbestone 09-10-2016 01:51 AM

ADMINISTRATORS - Phony Posts

Assume you are aware of the phony posts by several different sources that offer links to Live Streaming, among others.
Holding mouse over topic pops up the start text (and only) text of the topic.
It's happening more frequently over the last couple of days.

It's up to each of us to beware of what we open. However, don't know if an Administrator message or Header would note the ongoing phonies.

Please excuse the use of a new thread, but I couldn't find how to directly contact Administrators. [Thought there was a way at one time.]

I'll edit and delete the text from here if you desire or if you can't delete the post itself.

YUNGSTER 09-12-2016 03:37 PM

Hey there

This is the best way to contact us for any issues you are having with the site. We get alerted to posts in this forum.

As for the spam, sorry about that. They do like to play over the weekend when there is less of us here to keep them in check. I think I've got the majority of it done.

We'll discuss with the mod team about some spam control around here. Thanks for keeping an eye out for the forum :)

Dayle

pdx280 09-12-2016 03:50 PM

Good Work ds. You found the one thing they pay attention to. Don't bother Reporting or sending a message. They should disable those functions.

1986zxt 09-19-2016 10:26 AM

Another Z site going down the proverbial crapper :cry

YUNGSTER 09-20-2016 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdx280 (Post 2669113)
Good Work ds. You found the one thing they pay attention to. Don't bother Reporting or sending a message. They should disable those functions.

Hey there, I see where your messages have been ending up. Sorry, you are correct, we do not monitor visitor messages. Please send us a Private Message instead, or post in this forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986zxt (Post 2670665)
Another Z site going down the proverbial crapper :cry

There is still life in this forum. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what you'd like to see here, that might get some more activity from the community?

I know the spam is an issue, and we are working on getting that under control. As much as our software improves to keep them out, they improve their tactics to get in. It is a neverending battle.

Dayle

TitanG545 01-10-2017 02:40 PM

Do we have a way to change our username?

YUNGSTER 01-11-2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidistight (Post 2689354)
Do we have a way to change our username?

You can PM us with your request, and we can change it for you.
Keep in mind we respond to our PMs within 24-48 hours.

Thank you,

Richard.