Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z - View Single Post - Econo 510 Resto
Thread: Econo 510 Resto
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Tony D
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Like I'm Sayin'...

Even the most beat-up ghetto looking SoCal car generally makes a GREAT restoration canidate for the very reasons Blue has revealed in this post!

That car would have sold in SoCal for $1500+ just because it's a Dime 2-Dr and there are freaks a-million out here for those cars.

I got the boy's wagon locally incomplete for $400 (Christmas Present), but had to go to West Texas to get my 69 2-Dr Coupe. Both are amazingly rust free for the age and original content!

The 66 Bus I got from DMS here has 1000% better rockers and undercarrige than my more complete 62 that spent years in Michigan. Matter of fact, I realized the wonders of no-salt, low humidity roads when taking apart VW engines in the junkyard after moving out here. Those pan-head screws were nothing more than rusty rivet-looking things on all my East-Coast/MidEast Engines!!!

And I haven't had a rusted-out gas tank here yet!

Definately keep us posted. I'm showing The Boy this post for 'inspiration'!

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun -- that means
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. -- Brick Top
Canadians don't get it. Period. End of discussion.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome