User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1984 AE Turbo

Well today is a sad day. It's time to let my AE go. I hate to see it go, but I'd much rather invest the money into another S30... That being said, lets get into it.

So what I do know about the car, is that it is indeed a TRUE AE. It has badges, but indicated by the VIN it is an AE.

The car is in need of some love, however it runs and drives very well. All glass is good, motor is strong, clutch just replaced, trans shifts like butter.

The good:
Mechanically sound. The man I bought it from said the motor isn't original to the car, but is the correct motor. I do not have proof of this other than how great it runs.
New clutch
Pair of Mercedes e300 heated seats go with it, but aren't installed. They do fit, but they sit a little high for my taste... Looks as if a mouse has gotten to them in the garage since I last checked, so they have some holes.
Aftermarket radio
New dash, but not installed. The new one is red, the old is black but it can be dyed to be the same color. The old one is cracked pretty good.
Boost gauge
New passenger side bushings, New front control arm and radius arm. I do have the bushings to finish the drivers side, but they weren't bad so I'm saving them for a rainy day.
Interior is in pretty good shape.
New fender+ front clip
All gauges work on the digital dash
Lots of extra parts

The bad:
The fender and front clip need to be painted to match the rest of the car.
Both "turbo" underside flairs are with the car, but only one is attached, and neither still have turbo lettering.
Powersteering pump is leaking, and only holds fluid for a few days.
Seats in it are not original, but they are a nice cloth out of another 300zx.
Horn's stay on all the time with the fuse plugged in. I'm working on fixing this now so I can have the car inspected to get registration
There is a decent sized dent in the passenger door that someone tried to bondo. It will need to be sanded off and fixed.
Passenger mirror housing is busted, but I have a brand new one to replace it with.
Small amounts of rust here and there, but nothing not to be expected on a 33 year old car.
Brakes need bled. I replaced a couple parts and had to remove the caliper and didn't get around to bleeding them.

I am mainly looking for a trade for a Datsun 240z, 260z or 280z. I may also consider a 280zx or a roadster. However I will put a cash price on it of $2500. This will barely cover what I've got in it. I can assist delivery. The car is located in Frankfort KY. The title is a clean Tennessee title, and I do have a bill of sale. As many of you know I've been working on this car forever, and in order to get a title in Kentucky you must have a working vehicle to get inspected. They will ask me to test my horn, and until I get that fixed I cannot register it in my name. If someone wants to buy it, I can always get it put into my name. If you don't care then I won't worry about paying the added taxes and registration fees, but I will provide another bill of sale. If the car doesn't sell in the next 2 weeks or so I'll probably have the horn fixed and the car titled in my name.

Year: 1984
Model: 300zx AE Turbo
Engine: VG30ET
Trans: Manual
Color: Two tone Grey/Black with some red
Mileage: 265,800 I believe. The motor and trans have absolutely no problems.

Asking price: $2500 OBO
Name: Evan
Email: [email protected]
City/State/Country:
Frankfort, KY, US.

You can comment here. I check zcar every 10 minutes so I should reply pretty quick.

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/UNzvq

I am not currently home, but I will upload better pictures of the replaced fender, interior, and full car shots sometime this week.

Southern Indiana

1996 Z32 300zx Twin Turbo - SOLD!
1977 280z
1984 AE 300zx Turbo

Last edited by Echutton; 07-08-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-30-2017, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sold as of today.

Southern Indiana

1996 Z32 300zx Twin Turbo - SOLD!
1977 280z
1984 AE 300zx Turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in