Up for sale is a well cared for, prized, and babied part of my life - my '89 turbo.
I've owned the car since 2006 and have taken care of it ever since. It is an original '89 turbo 5 speed, garage kept with all of the original owners' maintenance reciepts. The car had 129,000 when I bought it, and now has about 135,000 on it. It's red with a blue (black) interior.
The car has some light modifications, off the top of my head:
- k&n air filter big azz air fylter yo!
- electric fan
- stock (rebuilt) T3 turbo
- devil's own alcohol/water injection system
- gutted plenum
- blow off valve
- hurst pistol grip shifter (tribute to my dad's roadrunner)
- electronic boost controller (mounted in the glove box for JDM stealth hommie)
- poly bushing kit all around
- tokico adjustable shocks all around
- Dan TSS springs
- 3" exhaust with open outlet
- light Schneider can grind (euro spec cams)
- aftermarket a pillar boost gauge
- viper alarm
- falken azenis tires
- south bend racing clutch
- window tints
- mustang cobra rims (17"?)
- aftermarket pioneer radio/speakers
The car's engine was just rebuilt, and has yet to be broken in. The clutch is also brand new. I've replaced most of the main components in the car, and it was very quick until I rebuilt the engine.
Now on to the bad:
- as it sits, I'm trying to find a vacuum leak that the car didn't have before I took it apart. I haven't done any large diagnostics, but the timing is correct according to my timing belt marks/Haynes factory test, and my timing light. It pulls about 12" of vacuum at idle and doesn't create the power it should throughout the powerband on the butt dyno.
- viper alarm remote doesn't work... I have a work-around built in, but you'll want a new remote (or to just deactivate the system all together).
- gas cap door cabin release switch doesn't work (door has Velcro on the inside, works... bought it like that)
- 1 or 2 button faces from the auto climate control are missing. I think they're laying in the glove box, but it doesn't affect the functionality of the system
I'm asking $4,000 for it as is. If I fix the boost leak, then I will be asking 5k.... With parts and upgrades, it's worth WELL over that. This is an '89 turbo, and you are getting a heck of a deal.
The car is located in Chicago, but i will ship it if need be (buyer pays for shipping).
I will not tolerate low ballers, idiots, people looking to part the car out, or someone who will not love this car as much as I have. I'm only selling it because I cannot afford to keep it any longer in my current financial situation. I want to sell this to a Z enthusiast, I cannot stress this enough...
Please feel free to contact me via email, or cell at [email protected]
or at (773)416-5151. I will post pictures later on today. Thank you.