Hello Z Comrades , I never thought this day would come, where I have to sell my beloved 280z. This car has been with me for a long while, I purchased it from the original owner, where it sat for 30 years. The car was resurrected after hundreds of hours, and thousands of dollars. My plan was to make it a great running daily driver, never paint it, and to just leave it in its patina. I've had many cars with great, fresh paint, I've always been nervous about dings and dents. In this state, believe it or not I have more fun with, it turns heads everywhere I go.
Reason for the sale, is a work assignment coming up in November, where I will spend a total of 9 months out of the country, and I don't know where I will be after that. Cars go bad when they sit, even for a month. I don't have access to indoor storage, so the Z will have to spend its time outside in an unsecured area. This is your chance to own a great piece of Z car history, and put your touches on it or just drive it and have fun. Below I will list all the recent work that has been done to the car, as well as its flaws.
No surprises here, it's a very honest car. Nothing is being covered up or presented differently. I hold the clean title, car is registered with tags paid till next year, where you would see the car is my residence, and the same address as it states on the title. If my arrangements change, I will pull the car off the market, and I'm hoping it does.
It's a very nice canvas to work with to start a project, I've had offers to paint it and fix all the rust and put in a new interior. That'll be around $6K and will make it a $20K car at that point. This way you get to choose your color, shops and interior of the car, hence making it your own. All the mechanical has been taken care of already as stated below.
"Pros & Upgrades"
* Great running & healthy L28 engine, good & even compression
* 6 new injectors & fuel hoses
* Bosch fuel injection system is tune able via a potentiometer under the hood
* Boiled gas tank, new fuel pump and sending unit
* All gauges work, upgraded to LED backlights, VDO clock
* Bluetooth stereo system with new speakers, USB charger
* Upgraded KYB gas shocks from the OEM oil filled units and German lowering springs to street level with no rubbing
* 3 Core Aluminum Radiator and reservoir, along with a new water pump and thermostat
* Brand new brake system, master cylinder, booster, front discs and calipers, rear shoes and wheel cylinders & all brake hoses.
* New clutch master cylinder, clutch is in great shape with no slippage, transmission is a 4 speed with no issues, replaced shifter bushings recently
* New Momo steering wheel with Datsun specific hub adapter
* Ignition switch and cylinder is new, the doors lock and so does the trunk
* New timing chain, guides and tensioner, oil pump, front of timing cover resealed
* New oil pan and gasket, no leaks
* Brand new tires, Turbine Aluminum Wheels Sandblasted & Clear Coated
* Battery is in great shape, alternator upgraded to internal regulated 280ZX model, starter replaced recently
* All the wiring has been sorted along with upgrades
* Brand new exhaust system after the manifold, includes a resonator and great sounding, yet quite muffler
* Heater valve upgraded, hater core boiled and cleaned, heater works great
* Old A/C components removed from under hood, still has condensor and evaporator, easy to make it a modern A/C car with today's components, I'm not an A/C guy
* Old heavy bumpers removed, the front has the MSA front bumper securely mounted with no rubbing, rear is bumper less, and I love it.
* Only 1 major rust area, the rest are surface rust
*** The sale will include the following un-installed parts: Complete Carpet Kit, Headlight buckets, Door lock set and keys ***
" Cons & Imperfections"
* To make it a show car, it'll need paint and body work
* Rust on passenger side floor pan, temporarily fixed with patch and POR 15
* Driver's side lower fender has rust, I recommend replacing both front fenders when doing body work
* Will need new interior when restoring
* Dash has cracks, currently has a half cap
* Sideview mirros are mainly for looks, specially passenger side
* A picture’s worth a 1000 words, in case I forgot to mention something here
I'm not rushing to sell the car, I may pull it off the market if I don't get decent offers, I have too much time and money invested. These cars are becoming more rare, specially in running condition & smog exempt.
I'm willing to work with a serious buyer. As mentioned, the car runs and drives very well, very fun ride.
I'm willing to meet an interested party in the valley or DTLA area, I'm in Tujunga 91042 zip code.
Checkout the YouTube Video of the Z in action:
Call or text @ 818-731-0375