LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Selling my series 1

I've posted the car on craigslist here: https: // portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/z/6256251890.html
The price on the post is $12,000. I'm flexible. I don't have time or space for the car anymore as I am ramping up my woodworking hobby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Updates

Just curious; what about the posting isn't attracting any attention? Any suggestions would be appreciated. The wife wants the car gone. Maybe I should update with more picture?

I’ve always been asked, ’What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ’The next one.’ - Carroll Shelby
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Make the wife happy. Bring the price down

1986ZXT GLL: 56k NA motor and trans with Turbo goodies added. K & N, CM 3" turbo back, Turbosmart MBC @ 9 psi, fmic (old guy kept the A/C), Dual Fans, Maxima Alternator, ASCO plenum, Eibach/KYB, Champion 3 row
2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Price is flexible

I believe the craigslist add says it already, but I'm flexible on the price. Somebody just has to offer something reasonable!

I’ve always been asked, ’What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ’The next one.’ - Carroll Shelby
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Not trying to offend. When I was skimming the ad I was thinking 5k car but I'm fr. TN and not sure of the market there. A lot of cool datsuns in the NW for sure. Car looks like fun but not 12k fun. Maybe revise ad with a lower starting point. Everybody needs a happy wife. GLWS

1986ZXT GLL: 56k NA motor and trans with Turbo goodies added. K & N, CM 3" turbo back, Turbosmart MBC @ 9 psi, fmic (old guy kept the A/C), Dual Fans, Maxima Alternator, ASCO plenum, Eibach/KYB, Champion 3 row
2013 Ford Taurus SHO Performance Package
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 05:18 PM
jsm

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986zxt View Post
Not trying to offend. When I was skimming the ad I was thinking 5k car but I'm fr. TN and not sure of the market there. A lot of cool datsuns in the NW for sure. Car looks like fun but not 12k fun. Maybe revise ad with a lower starting point. Everybody needs a happy wife. GLWS
So you have 5k cars like this in TN?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
See if they'll host it on Bringatrailer.com

Heavily medicated for your protection.

'73 240Z, L-28, 5-speed, Koni, Suspension techniques springs/swaybars
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986zxt View Post
Yeah. There isn't a large market for these types of cars and 12k is way too much for it. I would definitely play the strong points like engine maintenance (which you already have pics of), but also body condition (very few pics of the exterior) and also show the car has a good frame (pics of underneath). Everything you can do to show this is a great shape car will help bring the price up to the right buyer. But then again, 12k is still way too much. If everything body and engine wise checks out, I'd expect you could get about 7k for it just based on what Ive seen, but because It does look like the interior needs a bit of work, I would honestly guess you'll only be able to sell it for around 5k. Sorry but theres a very specific market and using websites like bringatrailor.com will help open that up slightly but you're still talking about finding people who want a 40+ year old car thats not a big name like Porsche which has values that jump the older they get.

Don't do it to show off, do it to give others and example of what they can do.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Post it on classiczcars.com and you won't have a guy with a 300ZX and another with 18 posts telling you how much your 240Z is worth.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdx280 View Post
Post it on classiczcars.com and you won't have a guy with a 300ZX and another with 18 posts telling you how much your 240Z is worth.
ok... Im sorry if you feel that because I have a 300zx I don't know anything about a 240z. I've spent years researching z cars (all the z cars) and its not like I'm trying to be rude to him. Would you pay 12k for that car in its current condition? And who are you to be insulting my 300zx? From your username I can only assume you have a 280z/zx? How is that any different than me? At least I embrace mine enough to save it to my profile.

Im just trying to offer my advice on how to get as much as he can but also keeping it real. The reason he isn't getting many offers is because of the price point and the price point alone. Thats a wonderful car that I would love to own if I had the money but I've seen cars in perfect condition that sell for less than 12k. He can get another forum's advice but I can guarantee that they will tell him the exact same thing. There are places where people get 30k+ for their cars, but those are show cars that are kept in trailers and feather dusted daily with 20k miles on them and everything's perfect. This is just a normal used 240z, not that theres anything wrong with that, but its not a model car. Im definitely not against you getting as much as you can for that car, thats what everyone does and should!

Don't do it to show off, do it to give others and example of what they can do.

Last edited by Joshua Crepeau; 08-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page