enthusiast vs.performance 6mt - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
enthusiast vs.performance 6mt

Not sure which to buy?? What i can see is the enthusiast does not have v. the performance is the VDC and 18" wheels--will I notice not having these two extras, what is VCD exactly?

I do want a manual trans. The dealer is going 1000 below msrp.

msrp less 1000 enthusiast : 27,249
" " " performance : 30,429

Difference is 3,180.

. I plan on adding leather and a quality audio system later after purchase with my savings of 3,180 if I go with the enthusiast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Re: enthusiast vs.performance 6mt correction

Correction: performance is 29,429, 1,000 below msrp so the difference is 2,180.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2002, 11:24 PM

tough question....

VDC is Vehicle Dynamic Control. It works with 'traction control' and will cut engine torq and brake individual wheels when the system senses a loss of traction.

As far as the VDC goes, I've been turning mine 'off',lately, because I felt I was getting too acustomed to it. It comes in handy when your waiting for a green light to turn left. Not payin attention, you fail to notice it turn green and the car behind you wakes you with a blast of the horn. In excitment, you stomp on it!...The VDC will keep you from doing a 3/4 dougnut in the middle of the intersection. Otherwise the VDC would piss me off if I forgot to turn it 'off' before showin off.

18" wheels are a nice add-on(stock or aftermarket) They fill the wheel-well a little better. The Z has a very firm ride, and with the 18's, there's no sippin coffee while drivin around, downtown. It's been said on this forum that the 17's might soften-up the ride a little, but at the cost of a little performance.

As far as 'manual' goes, I wouldn't have it anyother way in a sports car...But you have to enjoy the work.

2003 350Z
superblack performance, still waitin' for the supercharge
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings...Oh Lord Yeah!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 01:36 AM

I had the same questions...

... before I bought my Z. But at the end, I got the Performance model because for one, I'm new to the rear wheel drive and manual tranny whole so I wanted the added safety of the VDC. I really like the stock 18" rims with its semi-tubular shaped spokes (The ride is firm and nice, just as I imagined it would be for a sports car). You also get the neat tire pressure monitor gadget.

So that why I got the Perfornance model and I hope this helps.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2002, 11:05 AM

Re: enthusiast vs.performance 6mt

I doubt you'll ever need the VDC by accident as it's a power on feature not at all like ABS brakes which is a safety feature...unless you're on a track somewhere and then you'll want to be driving on the edge yourself not letting the computer do it for you...I'd skip the VDC and if I could the traction control...I've never accidentally burned rubber before...unless it's winter?? But you'll have your 350 inside the garage at that point...I personally love the 18inch track model rims but like you say try the 17s for a while then you can upgrade later...you'll have both sets to see which ride you like or just sell the 17 set later...good luck...what color you getting? Red looked awesome up close but I still love the famous chrome silver...

2007 350Z Touring 6spd
1984 300ZX 5spd
1990 300ZX in a million pieces
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page