Avoid Performance Nissan in Atlanta - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2002, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Avoid Performance Nissan in Atlanta

My wife does not like her present car so I may have to make a move before the new 350 Z arrives this summer. While test driving a 6-spd Maxima I asked my very pushy salesman how many pre-order slots they had for the new 350Z. He told me that they only had four slots, which makes sense because they are a brand new dealership. When I asked how much they were going for he began to tell me that the base model starts at $30,000. I **** near slammed on the brakes when he said this. I told him that his dealership was full of sh**t, because only a fool would give them $4000 over MSRP. He agreed that it was high but he tried to justify it by the fact that they only have four slots available. I informed him that there are many dealers who are charging MSRP and he just sat there and smiled. When we got back to the dealership he wanted meet his sales manager. I declined and I told him that I would shop elsewhere.

By the way, I was not overly impressed by the 6 spd transmission on the Maxima. The upper grears were notchy and the clutch engages near the bottom of it's travel. I'am also 6'2" and I did not have enough leg room to feel comfortable changing gears. I hope the 350Z will be better or I may have to look at getting an automatic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2002, 11:27 AM

Re: Avoid Performance Nissan in Atlanta

Don't worry about the performance of the 6-spd. Nissan was quoted recently that the 6-speed on for the 350Z and G35 were brand new and very precise. They said in an interview that it is the best manual transmission available, even better than Porsche, BMW and the S2000. I am sure if you search here you will find the actual quote.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2002, 11:33 AM

Re: Avoid Performance Nissan in Atlanta

Actual quote..

"You didn't get to drive the six-speed manual," said Crahan. "The Z transmission will be the best you've ever seen. The S2000 is the best out there now, but the S2000 has no torque. When the Z car comes out it'll have the best shifter feel on the market, better than Porsche, BMW, everyone."
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page