Young man looking to purchase 300zx, but need help with insurance - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Young man looking to purchase 300zx, but need help with insurance

Hey everyone I just wanted to ask on yalls opinion on purchasing a used 300zx. I am 17 years old and will be 18 in January. I have always had the thought of owning a 300zx, but getting insurance is what scares me the most because it is a sports car and I am a young male. Id really like the z32, but I feel like the z31 would be the cheaper route to go because they are older even though id be happy with having either or. I read online somewhere that some people have listed their 300zx as a sedan which is weird because it does not have 4 doors. Maybe they have the 2+2 model? Most of the z32 models are classic cars which would potentially lower the cost of insurance on it (at least thats what I read online). So moral of the story: I just wanted to as on yalls opinion on lowering the cost of insurance on a 300zx as much a possible so I am able to afford the insurance. Thank you if you read all of this and enjoy the rest of your day/night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Concerning the z31 (1984-89 300ZX) which is what I own:

Three z31 models were sold in the U.S.: 2 seater N.A. (Normal Aspiration), 2 + 2 N.A., and a 2 seater turbo.

The 2 + 2 has two doors and is about 10 inches longer than a 2 seater. The 2 rear seats can fold down. Just ask the seller which one of the three above models it is and donít go by any sedan or coupe description.

Concerning both the z31 and z32 models:

Tell the insurance agent that you havenít bought a z31/z32 yet and that want to know what the insurance premium would be if you do buy one. Shop around and compare it with what other insurance companies quote you for both the z31 and z32.

Insurance companies use many variables to calculate your insurance premium. Some of the variables can be controlled by you and others canít. The variables include: age of driver, no. of traffic violations over a certain time period, zip code of residence, no. of miles expected to be driven per year, other drivers that you allow to drive it, age of vehicle, type of vehicle (sports car, SUV, etc.), etc. Sports models like a z31/z32 command higher premiums and especially for males in your age category. The premium given to you can be the yearly amount or the biannual amount so be sure to ask which one it is.

Both the z31 and z32 are now in its old age. Rust, accidents, and owner neglect have taken their toll and the better preserved ones are going to command a higher selling price. Many OEM parts have been discontinued and harder to find. These cars can drive you right to the poor house if donít do your own repair and maintenance work. z31 models with a digital dash tend to have more electrical problems than models with an analog dash.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page