If the Big 3 fail....... - Page 13 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Re: If the Big 3 fail.......

Blue wrote:
---------------------------------------------------
> And the realism's we experience are typically
> smart but greedy evil people who understand
> "the common good" but don't care about it
> nor their brothers and sisters or even mothers!

> The two must work mutually together to maintain
> a symbiotic balance for the good of both.
> If there is no balance, the whole house of cards
> collapses.

Those statements go hand-in-hand. The lack of community involvement has grown in the last 25 years, a reflection of everything to profit, such as lesser involvement in United Way, youth sponsorship, etc. Silent greed. Those monies are spent on stadium naming rights and the like. They benefit neither the workers or the company - who's going to use Bank A, Tech Co. B, Car Co. C just because they have their name up in lights. It's the greed-ego-aristocratic selfishness. [Particularly ironic are the groups who stand atop the NYSE at closing and smile and applaud while the market is nosediving.]

zippityzda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is the giant sucking sound as stated by Ross Perot. The death bed sound of dying country. Nurses make more than engineers used to!

82 zxt 5-spd, oil cooler!
/96 240sxes
/78/81 jeep j-20
2000 LS
post #123 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 10:41 PM

My 2 cents: 25B (or 50B) spread out over three companies who are losing on average 2B each per month keeps them afloat for maybe 8 months at 50B and 4 months at 25B. When companies spend years getting to this point, what's going to make them change the industry in four to eight months?

It's the same thing I heard when Obama wants to put a 3 month freeze on foreclosures. All that does is give the people in the house 3 extra months to get packed. Chances are, their financial situation isn't going to change much in that time period.

The big three were in deep do-do way before this "crisis" began, so it gets old hearing people blaming it on what has happened in the past couple of months.

And from what I heard, most if not all of this loan is going to pay all the benefit payments that that are owed and will do nothing to bolster consumer confidence. If average Joe has no money to spend, then "0" down means squat.

Steve (Balistic), what you said a few post back had me crying from laughing so hard.

73 240Z - Nissan Sport project car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:06 PM

After 25 years of hearing how the big 3 are continually caught "off guard" by an energy crisis, a quality crisis, or simply a perception crisis, it's **** well time to hang it up. That line wears thinner every new Toyota plant opens in the USA.
post #125 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Huilo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is the giant sucking sound as stated by Ross
> Perot. The death bed sound of dying country.
> Nurses make more than engineers used to!

Ross Perot and NAFTA caused the problem. Nurses get paid more than engineers? Ever hear of inflation? What do engineers get paid now? I know and it's definitely more than nurses (who definitely do more than nurses used to). There was an orgy of deregulation and now there needs to be protectionism, unless of course you like ghost cities filled with unemployed homeless people. The Unions are to blame just as much as the corporations (I am still in a Union, even though I am an executive). Lots of greed and finger pointing to go around. There are so many groups at fault that you can't just point at one. CEO's get paid more than they used to by a factor of 1000, but I guess that's okay, because the union nurses get paid more than engineers used to.

1972 240Z always in progress
***WARNING*** MY POSTS MAY CONTAIN SARCASM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #126 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

it wasn't deregulation that caused these problems ....it was the TOTAL LACK OF ETHICS on both management and the workers part.

This country doesn't give a **** about right and wrong.. just whats legal or illegal....we are in a world of hurt due to the ease with which Americans lie to and use one another for personal gain.

until we become an honest people once again we are doomed to destroy ourselves.

Houston we have a problem
post #127 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 09:15 PM

The majority of humans on this planet lack ethics when it comes to money norm. Regulations are there because it is the only way to get people to conform. It isn't just Americans either. The rest of the global economic players were all too eager to jump into the fire also. Believe me, if other societies on Earth had the ability to be as frivolous and wasteful as Americans without fear of consequence they would be doing the same thing.

1972 240Z always in progress
***WARNING*** MY POSTS MAY CONTAIN SARCASM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #128 of 128 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)

But the US used to be ethical about money except for a few who were always out there looking to scam by "cornering" the market or buying up oil storage tanks and claiming they were full of oil, Billy Sol Estes for bank loans based on fraudulent cotton reserves, etc. The softened oversight and deregulation let profiteers come up with legal(ized) ways to make money without adequate monetary reserves to cover their margin purchases and investments, as long as the tap was flowing cash freely all around.

zippityzda
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page