ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Nose headlight covers

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  notracti0n 
#1 ·
those 3 sets that went earlier in the year with help of JapanZ were a steal. there is a set on ebay right now...BIN for $1000, new. just type in G-Nose headlight covers. 3 offers, no winners.

#2 ·
You could get a set here for the desired bid amount of 47,250 Yen. 1USD currently equals 120Yen.
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n54896436

So the price would be $393.75 plus whatever shipping from Japan. Also since they do not ship internationally you would have to pay comision fee's to a bidding service like www.Rinkya.com

Still better than the $1,000.00 on ebay.

#4 ·
I would not mind getting something like this if the quality was decent.
http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e66699677

A few years ago I bought a 2 piece setup from Showcars body parts. It is now cut up in pieces as I try to build my own setup.

Maybe I should get the factory headlight covers and start shaping from them versus the showcars pieces.

#7 ·
The parts are nice enough but there size restrictions and when you get large parts that gets very expensive. Shipping from DHL states near $1000 usd to ship a bumper. They base it on volumetric shipping rather than actual weight.

The headlight covers are a viable option. Gnoses are $$$ to send unless you know someone in the military being restationed back to the US or you get in on a container being shipped.

#8 ·
JapanZ wrote:

> The parts are nice enough but there size restrictions and when
> you get large parts that gets very expensive. Shipping from DHL
> states near $1000 usd to ship a bumper. They base it on
> volumetric shipping rather than actual weight.
>
> The headlight covers are a viable option. Gnoses are $$$ to
> send unless you know someone in the military being restationed
> back to the US or you get in on a container being shipped.
>

Yeah, shipping via DHL, EMS and the like would be expensive. The problem I would have is the communication in Japan to arrange a shipment. The shipping process is not to complicated. It would be worth it to buy 4 units for shipping.
The link below is the process I went through to ship a pallet from Hong Kong. It was an interesting process.
http://www.fairladyzg.com/PDF/Shipment.pdf

#12 ·
Shipping G-Noses

The only REALLY VIABLE method for shipping G-Noses I have found is to get three of them, multiple piece, and packed in a large box. Take this to the airport and bring it back as checked luggage. The weight is comparable to a bicycle, and you will be charged accordingly---as little as $50 if you are flying first class or business, usually around $100 to $150 for 'excess baggage charge'.

You could ship one only like that, and it likely would be slightly less---but normally you can hook two in the box for the same charge as one, so ship as many as you can for the cost.

When you check out the costs, like stated above, for air shipment....this comes as a really economical way to do it. Practically the only cost-effective way in fact. Unless you know someone shipping household goods on a PCS move, or shipping parts in a container.

#13 ·
Re: Shipping G-Noses

Yeah Tony, I agree with your method. Problem is I no longer have contacts in the military anymore. Everyone I knew has long since pcs'd or retired. Finding someone in Japan willing to take the time is a challenge in itself.

The only reason for going to Hong Kong was to see my wife. Bringing back parts was just an added bonus. It would be tempting to take a trip to Okinawa. I am sure things have changed alot since the late 80's. Wrecking yard hunting was fun in those days.

#14 ·
Tell me about it!

I used to call Mizugama Junk Yard into the 90's just to ask them 'what they had new'---they thought I was calling from some on-base number, or locally I'm sure!

Little did they know I was in a masochistic ritual of self-torture for almost five years....from almost 7000 miles away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.