ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor for O2 sensors.

606 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  OTT Motorsports 
#1 ·
I am running the stock sensor in my 280zx turbo car. I bought a new part and it was reading high. The part was toast by about 300 miles. The second sensor would read only to .630 volts or so even under boost.
Now the third part the sensor seems to be working, but it is much slower then the wideband.
So it would seem the Bosch sensor, where ever it is made, appears to be inconsistant and bad parts marketed. I bought these parts at Kragen.
Lucky for me the sensor has a 12 month warranty period.

What about an innovate wideband unit. How well do those setups work?

I think it is time to do the permanent conversion and get rid of the stock sensor since I an having a hard time getting a part that works.

#2 ·
Jeff,

I'm interested to read the responses to your post. I've been looking at the Innovate sensor myself.

Post Edited (Feb 28, 12:04pm)

#5 ·
The bosch narrow band sensor is trash. It's super sensitive to heat and placement in the exhaust. As far as widebands go, I have the innovate LM1 on my car and it works great. Just make sure that you put the sensor atleast 2 foot down the exhaust pipe. You want to have it as close to the engine as possible, but I've found on a high powered turbo car that having it close at all (1 foot away) will end up with shortend sensor life. I never got any error codes telling me it was over heating, it was just getting destroyed instead. Since then, I've encountered it on several other turbo cars running the unit as well.

If you really need a good narrow band sensor, source one from NTK. It's a much better part (but usually costs more too).

#6 ·
I am using the Techedge wide band sensor and the unit works well, BUT @ 175.00 the cheapest sensor I can buy for the unit (NTK L1H1 sensor) I have replaced one sensor, and another one I bought went bad in ahort order.
So with three sensors bought for the unit now, I could have bought a number of the New Bosch sensor.

I was hoping the NTK part was going to drop in price after the New Bosch part came out, but it did not.
I need a cheaper replacement part and the NTK part is not cheap at all.

#7 ·
Hey my name is David with OTT Motorsports,

I read you are looking for a good, reliable wide band.

The innovate lm1( box style) or pn 3781 (gauge set-up)
The lm-1 $300 or pn 3781 $330
pricing is plus freight, would need to get zip to me for shipping quote

sensors will need to be located around 30inchs down from turbo outlet.
that is key to length of sensor life.. also no leaded fuel.
Innovate is the only tool used here for in house tuning .. A+

Please email with any ?'s THANKS DAVE

VISIT innovatemotorsports.com to check out there products

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.