ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Ford make a Rousch mustang in 2001?

584 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  lil black 280 
#1 ·
My friend has a rousch mustang that he says is an authentic rousch but I cant find a 2001 rousch mustang online anywhere. not even under nada or kelly blue book. Did he just order the rousch body kit, exhaust and stickers. just wondering because i was thinking about buying it from him if he cuts me a good enough deal on it. Thanks in advance

#5 ·
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

...but Ford does not make Roush mustangs...Ford makes Mustangs, and Roush is a company that takes what Ford makes and adds all kinds of mods. Same with Saleen. You should look (on e-bay) or something for a Roush of the same year, and see what the specs on it are. Be wary, though, they make more than one model...at least Saleen does. If you can't find ANY Roush for 2001...then it's likely it's fake.
The new Mustang platform came out in '99, though, so if there were a year for Roush to skip, it would be that one.
I bet you can't find it in the KBB because it's not a production car. It's just a Mustang that Roush buys from Ford to trick out as it desires. I'm unaware of the exact relationship Roush has to Ford, though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Anyway, Roush should have many performance mods in addition to any body kit and stickers...it's not uncommon for the Roush and Saleen 'stangs to be supercharged. Also check and see if the seats and whatnot in the cockpit say Roush on them.
In fact, I'm going to go look for a 2001, and report back.
Stay tuned.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I did a Google search ...

for 2001 Roush Mustang and got a lot of hits. Try it. You'll like it.

NADA and KBB will more than likely only show prices for factory manufactured and/or optioned cars. While Roush cars may be available through select Ford dealers, Mr Roush modifies the cars. The cars are not Ford items.

#10 ·
Boss was a model produced by ford. They produced the Boss 302, Boss 351, and Boss 429.

http://www.bossperformance.com/history.htm

This is not to be confused with the Boss Shinoda package, which is an aftermarket setup for modern mustangs:

http://www.streetclassics.com/mustangs/boss_history.htm

To my knowledge, Shelby was the only 3rd party outfit that bought 64-72 mustangs and sold them extensively modified.
All the Boss and Mach 1 models were produced in-house.
The modern Mach 1 is produced by Ford, but any Boss kits on recent Mustangs are aftermarket, as kcobabe said.
There are rumors that Ford will be producing a Boss package for the new style Mustang, though, so I don't know where that will leave Boss Shinoda.

#11 ·
In short, yes, There was a Roush stage 2 in 2001. They started the Roush packages back in '99 with the Stage 1. Which was just body, wheels, suspension and exhaust, on the 3.8L platform. Then stage 2 was the same thing on a GT, then stage 3 is a supercharged stage 2.

All peices of ****. I work on them every day, I hate them. They do one thing well, and that is go fast in a straight line.

You want to drive a nice handling comfortable 'Stang, drive a new '05 GT. We got them in about a week ago and I just got the opportunity to take one around the block for a quick drive. Very nice, very comfortable car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.