Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
speedo finished!

I got the speedo installed today, after I did some work on the light switch, but that is another topic. Here is the link, tell me what you think.
http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt/page24.html

signed pseudotechnician view point, Sniper S^$ker, with girly arms : UCC 1-207
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: speedo finished!

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt/page24.html

awesome!

Kammy
71 - L28, 5sp, 3.9, Mikunis, Illuminas
75 Stock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
So that's what you've been doing...

I finished 95% of the MS wiring in the engine bay (engine harness) and have five wires adn two bussbars to solder onto the circuitboard for a modification.
Then download the software, make the interconnect cable, and smoke check. Probably this weekend sometime!
(Fingers crossed!)

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun -- that means
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. -- Brick Top
Canadians don't get it. Period. End of discussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:21 PM

thats pretty nice. good job

-------------------------------------------------------------
280zxt: N42 Intake, 67mm throttle body, bov, mbc, alluminum fuel rail, RR FPR, high flow cat, tokico shocks, eibach springs.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 04:39 PM

You gave me a couple good ideas from your site. I was going to get a Holden 6 speed (a place in Austrailia makes a conversion kit) for my car, but maybe a TK02 would be worth the look.

Looks nice. By the way did you get your oil pan 7 quart from Morosso? I've been looking at there kit.

Z33 Black Grand Touring
B13 SR20VE Sentra
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 05:23 PM

shayrmo280zxt~ i looked at you zxt~ and must say i really liked it alot! i dont care for the 280zx at all.. but that was nice!

88 shiro greddy apexi k&n turbonetics 10psi 77 280z 350ci w/c t5 73 240z header/electronic ignition 74 toyota fj40 detroits longfield axles iroks "locked and loaded" 90 toy 4runner locked on boggers 06 fmf yamaha banshee
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hey jeff do you sleep?and are you rich? looks good man i like the trans too what does that come in or is it a special order?

76 280 zt
t3/t4e hybrid turbo
new spearco ic
haltech e6k and lovin it
3" exhaust to a zero backpresure magnaflow muffler
2.5" SS dp from scottiegnz
best quarter to date [email protected] at 20psi
2004 zx10r ninja orange(of course)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 07:52 PM

so have you got it up 210 yet?

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Thanks for all of the complements guys. I was happy with the speedo. The car well, it tops out at 165MPH 210 is scary for a zx LOL actually 145 is scary for a zx without some wind dampening to keep the front on the ground LOL (but that is just speculation, I would have never taken my car that fast LOL, well anything documanted anyway)
The TKO2 That is a new tranny, it is the Ford version of the unit because the input shaft was the correct length and the diameter dimentions were such that I could do the easiest modifications to my stuff to make it work. I got the help of TonyD and his friend to do some welding on my stock bell housing to mount the unit. The bearing retainer was the correct diameter to locate the input shaft correctly on center of the crank. The rest is history, the tranny was modified to move the shifter back to fit the zx tunnel opening ( I could have completed the mod myself, but paid Keisler Automotive to do the work. They have the drawings to retrofit the tranny to fit our cars. The rest you can ask me what I did to install it.
Rich, well I would not say that, in fact I am out of work right now and am starting to wonder what the heck I am going to do for some income, big question mark, economy is good, REALLLLY, what part of the country? Because there ZERO electronic technician jobs here in Orange Co CA, and there have not been any jobs her for some time.
BUT, the car is almost completed, all that it needs is a retune, and the final fuel management upgrade with 72Lb/H injectors, then its 600Hp and THEN the car will be done, yea right LOL but seriously it is completed for the most part. I just need some support from Jim Wolf on the tuning. I had a conversation with Jim about that and let him know just what kind of endorcements I have given his company and his system, and also that bottom line is that I need support on the tuning, and that it is holding me up completing my cam designs, and right now from even running high boost with the car because I changed the cam timing and the power band has moved, so it is lean in some areas, and rich in others, and I have lost about 100 miles of fuel mileage at cruise speeds, and I dont like that to much at all.
So we will see what he does, I did let him know that I thought the Nissan ECU was a viable upgrade and I liked it, and that no one has pulled the kind of power from the setup then me and a couple other guys.
I let him know that I was waiting two years for the 72Lb/h program so I can increase the boost, and that I have been waiting a few months for the retune, and I CANT WAIT FOREVER, so if I cant get the support I require for their system, although I dont want to, I will have to go with another system that I can tune myself, like a tec III unit. He told me to call him Monday, so lets see. He did offer me to take the car down to him and let it stay there until it was tuned, but I declined, and told him why, they destroyed two batteries because they left the doors open, and that the quick charge they did to the battery boiled over the battery and acid got on the paint, the frame rails, the fuel lines, and brackets, and started eating my car up. I was not to happy about that, and I had to take steps to stop the acid from eating up my car. No thanks, I will take the car down and have it tuned in one day and leave and if that was not possible???? then I am going to trash the whole system and buy a tec III system, **** with it.
You see now you got me started LOL, but seriously, I am SO SICK AND TIRED of people, shops, manufacturers taking their own sweet **** time getting me stuff I have bought, and paid high dollars for, that I could just spit. This is the LAST car I will ever build, why, because of all of the jerkoff's out there who take your thousands of dollars and give you every excuse why the product is not on the way to you, or this or that. When this stuff affects people I have made a commitment to, and I have to tell them well the manufacturer is not done, the parts are not ready, I haven't heard from them, it REALLLY pisses me off.
ok calm down Jeff, anyway, thanks os much for all of your support and comments Guys and Gals, I really appreciate all of your input.
REGRDS: Jeff Priddy

signed pseudotechnician view point, Sniper S^$ker, with girly arms : UCC 1-207
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
We Will....

He's R&D on engine, and I have the chassis, and will be doing the driving.
Looking for the "Red Jacket" and at least 208 at Bonneville...but a nice, round 210 would be good. Current chassis has Digital Dash, though...
Bummer...

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun -- that means

If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. -- Brick Top
Canadians don't get it. Period. End of discussion.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page