The question of yellow, Should I paint it yellow o - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The question of yellow, Should I paint it yellow o

Yeah you could say I like yellow!. I oil paint and cadmium yellow you can mix with any other color and get a cool result. When I was a kid I ate only yellow crayons and they had to be Crayolas. Yellow M&Ms are my favourite and yes they do taste different. Yellow is the only "real" color to paint a car if you want it to stand out, sorry to all you " Reds" out there but red has been done to death, acceptible on a Z though. Te' Bheag ( pronounced "chey veck")Gaelic Scotch, my favourite is a nice amber colour of yellow as is some of our finer Canadian beer excluding of course Molson Canadian which isn't really Canadian because it originated in Ontario ( Canada not California ). Yellow is the colour of the sun which is the source of life, not welfare Canada. Which looks better, black and white checkers or black and yellow checkers? Donovan Leach took a really big hit of purple acid and came up with the tune Mellow Yellow. Buy the way, my lawn is yellow but thats because even though I live next to the Frazer river which pumps about a gazillion gallons of fresh water a day past my house I am still only allowed to water twice a week. Which is redundant because it's now October which means it's going to rain for the next 6 months. It also means my Z is getting mothballed for a while( depression sets in ) On the upside my wife wants to paint the inside of our house. If you dim the lights and squint a little, low and behold it's a pastel shade of yellow. At least its not metalic flake pearl white!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:23 AM

Re: The question of yellow, Should I paint it yell

Yea i agree, yellow is the only colour for my zed too! I saw a Mullet head driving a Yellow Camaro the other day (Puke yellow) did'nt seem to suit the car at all, but when the Mullet head got out, i thought......."oh that explains it!"
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Mullet head? Would that be a Squamish term?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:35 AM

No, go to "mullethead.com" for a good laugh
Are you enjoying that new high speed connection?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
High speed connection is sliiiiiiiick!

It's not so much the high speed though, It's more about not getting bumped off that I like! I have many houseguests this weekend HELP! with the beer that is, yall come back now y'hear.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 05:20 AM

LMAO, thanks Graham !!!

I think we all need a little humor here in late.

Snap...................
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 01:45 PM

Re: LMAO, thanks Graham !!!

yellow is a very good colour... draws loads of attention

__________________________________________________ _______________
If life were fair, speed limits would apply to your average speed. Then the hour you spent stuck in traffic in a 60 MPH zone would give you license to tear it up at 110 when it's clear
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 03:01 PM

Yes yellow yes

I recently painted my calipers bright yellow which agaist the black car look awesome!

Bill Tozer
94 300ZX TT Convertible
77 280Z Project
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 03:38 PM

Yellow? what about this....

well I've been thinking about what color to paint my Z as well.. here are my options... K my interior is black,silver,and blue my carpet is blue my doors are black and silver my dash is black my seats are black and blue(seat covers) my shift nob is blue and I like blue a lot... I'm triing to decide between Orange, Yellow, a nice bright dark blue, purple or keep it silver... any thoughts?

thanks
Dan

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2001, 03:48 PM

Re: Yellow? what about this....

Funny I have had 72 ready for paint for 2 months.Cant decide on color.Just happen to have it narrowed down to the same colors RexRoach mentioned.Bmw has a nice soft yellow on a late Motorcycle i really liked.Also saw a deep shiney blue on a late Jetta .MY car is originally silver and have always liked it.Whats a guy to do!I am thinking if you go yellow it needs to be trimed off somehow with black or lots of chrome.If you dont have chrome bumpers I think it is too much Color!

MY .02 cents

Mark
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page