LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Code 33

Hi everyone,
Since I bought my 1991 n/a back in october, it's had a slight sputter and what seems like a missfire. I narrowed it down to a bad injector, fixed that, and it's still there. It hasn't been that much of a concern to me, it has plenty of power and drives great. Drove it From Oregon to Arizona with no problems, other than letting it get empty on gas, lol

Anyways, I decided I better deal with it now, so I checked the ecu to see if it would pull up any codes. It was reading 33. From what I read it's "exhaust gas sensor circuit (left side.)"

Is this just another name for the o2 sensor? If so, where is it located? I thought I saw a diagram where it showed the sensor located on the header.

And would this contribute to the slight misfire missfire having? it does make sense it would be the left side circut because the miss seems to come from the driver side exhaust.

If it its the o2 sensor, how would i go about replacing it? Can I just get an extension on a ratchet and loosen it up or do I have to remove a bunch of stuff first?

Any information is appreciated, I always like to ask questions here before I open a can of worms.
Thank you
-Bryan

Just a newbie with a 77 280z and 87 z31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Got some more info:

I did the o2 sensor check with the ecu. When I checked the left side, the check engine light would not come on for about 15-20 seconds, and then it would come on and stay on for about 15-20 seconds. The right side was blinking so that tells me it's good. So either its running rich or lean on cylinders 2, 4, or 6.

Again, any information is appreciated. Than you.

Just a newbie with a 77 280z and 87 z31.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The exact OEM replacement are Bosch 13091 Oxygen Sensor for fraction of the price minus the Nissan logo. I would do both at the same time. They are located near the rear of the NA headers pretty much inline with the fire wall. Left side can be accessed from below the BMC area, right side you'll need to remove the battery. Spray them down with PB blaster couple days before. You will need a 22mm O2 socket (I used the crows foot type) and 1/2" extensions.

1990 N/A slightly modified.
"itsa300zx" on TT net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedmonton View Post
The exact OEM replacement are Bosch 13091 Oxygen Sensor for fraction of the price minus the Nissan logo. I would do both at the same time. They are located near the rear of the NA headers pretty much inline with the fire wall. Left side can be accessed from below the BMC area, right side you'll need to remove the battery. Spray them down with PB blaster couple days before. You will need a 22mm O2 socket (I used the crows foot type) and 1/2" extensions.
FYI - if you end up pulling out the bung that inserts into the exhaust pipe just buy another if the old O2 can’t be separated, just way easier. One time I did these also had to use freezing spray along with PB blaster to get one side undone.

+++ John's NJ Ride +++
'91 2+2 102k miles, Chromed OEM Wheels, Chrome Plenum, JSPEC Clear Corners, Toyo Proxes 4's, U/D Pulley, Custom Mod'd Control Pods - White LED Lighting with Blue LED Indicators

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page