Need help with z32 300zx Twin Turbo Auto - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Need help with z32 300zx Twin Turbo Auto

I'm new here and I came found this site to try to get help on some issues with my z32. I do not know very much about cars so some of these things will probably be easy to diagnose (I hope).

First issue is the car emits a loud squeaking noise when it starts up and maybe after 10-15 seconds it while go away (I think its the belt??).

Another problem is that sometimes while I'm driving the car will cut off and I have to put it in neutral so I can start it back up.

My last issue only happened once, but I had my foot slightly down on the gas pedal and the car wouldn't accelerate smoothly. It sort of jerked a few times as if I was fluttering my foot on and off the pedal.

This vehicle had been sitting in a garage for about 3 years and was not driven during that time. As of now I am driving the car a few miles everyday just to use up the old gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Sadly this web site isn’t very active so not sure you’ll get a lot of responses?...

- Belt squeak is a fairly common issue with these cars - especially when new belts are installed but can happen with old ones too. You have 3 belts: AC, alternator & water and power steering. Usually the problem is either the alternator or power steering belts. They have to be adjusted from under the car - fairly cheap for a shop to do in under 1 hour (not easy for you if not car mechanic handy). I’d have them change the belts too if very old or starting to crack. Just be aware, often a new belt will need to be re-tightened again after a week or two due to stretching.

- Engine dying and fluttering could be related to old gas. You might have clogged injectors? - so could try running some injector cleaner through the gas tank. Auto stores all carry it. Otherwise there’s maybe 10-12 things that could be causing it. Having to chase these down could be time consuming and a little costly. Some examples - failing fuel pump, wiring harness issue (due to age) causing electrical power loss to injectors or other critical systems, failing injectors - they go too due to age, failing throttle position sensor, bad air filters or OEM air filter cold air intake pipes clogged with rodent nesting debris (not uncommon for cars sitting), issues with car’s ECU, etc.

My advice depending on where you live - try to find a competent Z shop to go over the car. There aren’t many around - where do you live? These are not inexpensive cars to service since they aren’t the easiest to work on.

+++ John's NJ Ride +++
'91 2+2 102k miles, Chromed OEM Wheels, Chrome Plenum, JSPEC Clear Corners, Toyo Proxes 4's, U/D Pulley, Custom Mod'd Control Pods - White LED Lighting with Blue LED Indicators

Last edited by jzack; 10-11-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page