Intermittent performance. - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Intermittent performance.

Some days my car runs great, some days it runs amazing! I can literally do a pull and the car runs strong, and the rear end skates around then 10 min later it feels like ive got 4 ppl in the trunk. Ive considered heat soak, but i usually only have the car out in the evenings or night and the pulls are spaced so far apart its had plenty of time to cool. Sometimes it seems like its an issue dealing with the ignition, like i run the car, park get back in and it runs better/worse. Does any of this make sense or is it in my head and just the nature of these cars?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Performance should be consistent all the time but I hear ya.

The old NA engine I had in my Z never seemed to be consistent either. I replaced it with another used engine and it always runs well. Only other thing done with the engine replace was a total replacement of the various connectors (injectors, IACV, etc) - same common connector used in various places on the engine.

What kind of shape are your connectors in? Intermittent electrical issues, especially due to cracked connector dust boots in higher humidity conditions, could be one problem?

A bad coil pack or two could also have issues in higher humidity....

+++ John's NJ Ride +++
'91 2+2 102k miles, Chromed OEM Wheels, Chrome Plenum, JSPEC Clear Corners, Toyo Proxes 4's, U/D Pulley, Custom Mod'd Control Pods - White LED Lighting with Blue LED Indicators

Last edited by jzack; 06-25-2014 at 11:49 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

+++ John's NJ Ride +++
'91 2+2 102k miles, Chromed OEM Wheels, Chrome Plenum, JSPEC Clear Corners, Toyo Proxes 4's, U/D Pulley, Custom Mod'd Control Pods - White LED Lighting with Blue LED Indicators

Last edited by jzack; 06-25-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page