This might sound stupid but... - Page 18 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: This might sound stupid but...

Okay, I think we did start off wrong everyone and I'm sorry. I left because I wanted to go get lunch but I'm back. But ya I don't know what to say because this will probably be the last day I'm on this site anyway. I don't have the internet at my house n this job was a temp job this is my last day sooo....

*Ang3l*
Absolutely Untouchable!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:33 PM

That's big of you to come back and apologize. Too bad you don't have an internet connection - if I didn't have these Z forums for resources, owning my Z would be 10 times more difficult. For your own sanity, reconsider your idea.

post #173 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

So get the internet at your house. If you buy a Z you want the internet or you want MaxDoc and Z-Addict to be your neighbors. So I have this weird feeling the later isnt happening. Though speaking of dropping things in the engine bay it took my two days to install a nitrous kit on my Z because of the two bolts I dropped that I had to have. Though the one that fell in the intake piping proved to be the one that about made me go nuts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #174 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

LoLz, trust me I know what I'm getting myself into, I'm not afraid to fix my own car, I always do it, and the reason I said the tsi was too much work is because I have a one year old son to worry about now

*Ang3l*
Absolutely Untouchable!
post #175 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:39 PM

I read this entire post. I feel a little tired, and sad, and kinda sick like when you see a car wreck on the highway and you know somebody got hurt.

At any rate, I wanted to say a couple things to dreamin_of_a_zx:

Nobody is flaming you because you're a girl. We have had many females post on Zcar.com and they are all welcome. Some people took offense to your borderline insult of a long-time member's car, and that you seemingly refused to search for info. Also, you immediately played the "You hate me because I'm a girl and you don't think I know anything about cars" card. That bothers almost all of us. You kind of made it look like you DON'T know anything about the Z when you compared it to a FWD/AWD 4 cylinder car. Your post a few lines down about looking for a Z in the Maine area showed how you would normally be treated, which is very well, if you don't insult other Z owners and put your nose in the air when we help you by telling you that SEARCH can answer most, if not all, of your initial questions. At any rate, if you really want a 300ZX, I say continue to SEARCH for info on this site, and post any specific questions or comments that you might have, and you'll fit right in. Continue to tell people that their car is "trash," continue to refuse to search for questions that have been answered dozens of times, continue to compare the Z32 with cars that are nothing like it, and you will continue to get flamed.

-- I've had a few Zs --
post #176 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:40 PM

Well, the Z should be more reliable then the TSI and actually shouldnt be to much harder to work on. It really just takes getting used to. Certainly not something you want to tackle blind though.

post #177 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Not to mention you'll still have that one-year-old son around when you want to work on the Z... Some of my projects have stretched out over days, and I don't have any kids.

post #178 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Ya, I suppose it would be harder, if u say it has no arm room i remember looking at the sti thinking i would want to pick up that car and throw it if i ever had to work on it, so ya i can understand it would take some getting used to. But if I want to open my business I need to learn to be patient with any car and to research and do ALL the work myself. I just changed one of my axles a few weeks ago myself, that to me, was pretty tough. So I'm getting there. And I might not buy a ZX this year but once my son gets a little older and more independant I will have more time to spend with my car, which cars are no doubt my second love next to my son! My first "sporty" car was a civic which I know is not really classified as a sports car but it was my first standard and all and I loved it so much. I decided to sell it n get something bigger for my son though. But anyway, I'm sure you all don't want to know my life story....

*Ang3l*
Absolutely Untouchable!
post #179 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:57 PM

Man, I didn't think this thread would get so much attention...Wow.

post #180 of 180 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:59 PM

No offense mean by this but if changing out a CV axle was pretty tuff a Z isnt a car for ya.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page