User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
REC or Econo?

on the climate control what does the ECONO and REC mean? when do you use each one? also the "shift Lock" what exactly is it and what does it do? Mine always takes a bit of fidging to get into gear. Thanks guys just questions i been wonderin since i been driving it (4 weeks)

'93 300ZXTT (black) '03 Hummer H2 22`` chrome wheels with 37`` mud tires (daily driver) Vancouver, BC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 01:12 PM

Re: REC or Econo?

ECONO circulates fresh air (from outside the cabin), while REC recirculates the air within the cabin. As for the shift lock, I do not have an auto, so I am not sure, but on most cars it allows you to take the car out of park without the key.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
er huh not really....

Econo stands for economy. That button disengages the A/C compressor on the auto air system. Mr. Zboss is correct the REC button does recirculate the cabin air shutting off the intake of the outside air. On a side note the REC button will only remain activated for 15min at a shot on the 90Z auto air system.
The shift lock button releases the shifter allowing you to move it out of park in the event battery power is lost. The shifter is locked in park until the brake pedal is pressed if the car has battery power.
MaxDoc

I have fought with reality and finally beat it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2003, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

thanks guys

'93 300ZXTT (black) '03 Hummer H2 22`` chrome wheels with 37`` mud tires (daily driver) Vancouver, BC

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2003, 12:23 AM

econo is also what you use in the winter to run your heater without using your compressor like maxdoc said set your temperature in the winter and use the econo. i'm new at this just been on here for about a week still learning.

donzz
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page