Poor, poor classmate in my english class - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Poor, poor classmate in my english class

ok, i'm 16 and i have an 81 z(which has broken down and left me stranded 3 of the past 4days) well in my english 3 class we are studying the scarlet letter, we had to make our own "letter" so i made and "S" for speed, street racing, and school spirt, we had to decerate them and i put a couple micromachines on it racin. so a guy stands up and has a lil car picture on his, and he says it is his dream car, and when the teacher aske whast it was he said "it's a HONDA V-TECH" , i almost fell outta my desk, i would have said somethin but the fact that the Z is out of action stoped me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 02:17 AM

Re: Poor, poor classmate in my english class

Hey dude I feel the same way at school. I am 17 and everyone has a honda or some type of riceburner. They all laugh when they see my car but I have dusted to many of them for them to laugh anymore. Interesting how my car isnt runin very well also oh well. I hope you can get back on the streets soon to show them.

Steven
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:43 AM

A honda vtec heh? Dosen't even know what car he wants just wants a vtec =) I like that. Oh well what can you do, we were all young and stupid once atleast you're starting out on the right foot with your Z justin =). Actually honda cars have a lot of potential its the ricers who give them a bad name. My friends are serious honda racers and my Z cannot keep up ={. In with the turbo!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 04:26 AM

i am 16 and have a 240 everyone where i live has a honda civic or something of that nature and they think they are bad ass, with their loud exaust and stickers. but when i see them stopped at a light i pull up next to them and let my car do the talking.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 05:13 AM

HAHA, yeah, im 17 and have both a 300zx and a 240Z, I built the 240 myslef with a free 10K L24 and a 5speed plus an r200 conversion. i let them take it off the line, sicne the 240 is so light...HEHE

once i hit the power badm, i watch thier jaws drop

__________________________________________________ _

71' 240z

L28et, 5spd, r200, T3/T4 hybrid, SDS EFI, 295HP at wheels.

ArizonaZcar springs, illumina shocks, MSA sway bars

4x4 vented brakes in progress
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 12:20 PM

I'm 16 and I know what your talking about, I just started Driving my 81 280zx to school, and all I see are people walking up to it for a closer look, wasted everybody so far who has even tried to race me. Its N/A, but its got manual everything, and no t-tops to reduce weight, and man does it fly! In fact I have spread Z fever and my friend is buying a 81 280zx Turbo and another is checking out a 82 NA. Hehe most people don't even know what car it is =)

Emir
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 12:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

You know I had the same kind of problems with people at school to, and it really pissed me off because the only reason I did not have a really fast car was money. I had all the knowledge to build a good car but could not. Now I'm 36 years old and I have almost what I want in my car and it is fast and I have allot of fun in it.
Keep in mind that you are young, but you can really cause yourself some serious problems for yourself if you dont keep your heads about you. Have fun but be careful. You dont want any crashes, or worse yet allot of tickets. I was hard headed with my first real hotrod a 67 malibu that I built myself. it was fast and I really racked up some tickets with that car. I got 9 speeding tickets and two fixit tickets in about 9 months and all I was doing is playing around on the street. Needless to say I got my licence jerked for a year, now that really sucked. Now tell me how fun that was to be 17 and 18 and walking. So be careful with your driving and your spazz hotrod thoughts because they will get you in trouble. Have fun with your cars and enjoy the ride, and hondas can be very fast if they are built right, but most people dont know how to build them. Why dont you guys have some real fun an hook up a 3 Lb coffee can to your exhaust and tell everyone it made your car 500Hp and you can do it for them if they want. Wonder how many coffee cans would be on cars before to long, then you would realize the average mentality of people, just followers, very few independant thinkers like you guys.
Have fun guys, oh to be 18 again LOL

signed pseudotechnician view point, Sniper S^$ker, with girly arms : UCC 1-207
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:28 PM

When I tried to steer my 17 year old daughter to buy a used Civic (reliable car), she would have nothing to do with it. Said she knew too many @$$hole who drive Civics.

We ended up with a Saturn instead.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 03:59 PM

When I purchased my 1983ZX about a month later I found out about the 300 ZX.
I was so angry, I didn’t see it coming. I had a new car that was old and I just got it.
I went out and bought a new 84 Supra and didn’t drive my ZX it for 18 years.
Today I am happy I didn’t get that 300ZX…Yuck.
We, the people of this group drive My Favorite Martian looking Space Ships.
This Datsun car looks more modern than every car I see on the road.
Those little boxcar ricers have a heart attack as they approach 100mph.
Sure they can play games on the on ramps to an Interstate….Ooooooo I’m scared.
With ease I can pop right up to them in 3rd then punch it to yellow line and hit 4th punch it and by the time I’m in 5th its Ta Ta to ricer ronie. Those cars are not stable at high speeds. Most ricers are just traffic light racers. Their race is a block long at most.
Get these clowns on the open road and they are fools.

BTW, what’s broken in your 280?

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2001, 07:25 PM

That's cool Emir, I wish my friends would do that but most of them are bum's and don't even have cars yet. They aren't 16 either, they are 20. At least I know if I race them in my 81 ZX I would win. Unless they turbo charge their legs or skateboards of course, then it would be a close race. No one has tried to race me yet I've had my car for 1.5 months. Some guy wanted to race me in my mom's 92 Stanza a few months ago downtown. He was driving a 93-95 Honda Accord. I just thought how stupid he was trying to race downtown.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page