Electromotive 280ZX Turbo IMSA cars - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Electromotive 280ZX Turbo IMSA cars

I registered specifically to make this post; A thread on here from 2006 popped up as a google search result, and it was someone asking about Don Devendorf’s Electromotive 280ZX Turbo cars, looking for information. The thread was closed so I couldn’t reply, but if that person (or anyone else) is still around and has any interest in those cars (they ran GTU and GTO), I’m your guy. My dad worked for Don, he was a mechanic for the Electromotive team in ‘82, ‘83 and part of ‘84. I have his team jacket, and a little model of the ‘83 car they made to raise money when Tony Adamowicz got sick. I talk to or see my dad almost every day, so if there are any particular questions anyone has I can pass them along! I also have a handful of photos of the cars that you wouldn’t find on the internet, so I can gather those and post em if you want. The GTO car made north of 700hp, and was the first car to break 200mph on the backstretch at Daytona. Thing was a beast. So feel free to reach out if there’s anything you’d like to know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2019, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I'd love to see the pics...

Sounds like you have a pretty cool Dad. I had nothing to do with the original post but would love to see the pics. I have an 81 280ZX and need a good paint scheme...

KB

KeithB in Spring, TX
1981 280zx Turbo
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
give me a call

Hi I would like to talk with you or your dad on the phone if that is possible, or you can email me at [email protected] I know Marcus chan, wade hampton and john knepp before he died. I have never spoken to don.

REGARDS:

Jeff Priddy

signed pseudotechnician view point, Sniper S^$ker, with girly arms : UCC 1-207

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page