Aisin water pump weep hole - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Aisin water pump weep hole

installing a new Aisin water pump on my 78z and noticed in this orientation the weep hole is on the top. Not sure if I ever saw a top weep hole but possibly in other applications this same pump would be oriented 180 degrees out. Original pump has hole on the bottom. Cant see where it would make any difference but wanted to get other opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Enough weepage (enough to be "leakage") is going to build up, what doesn't evaporate, and probably get into the bearings around the seals.

zippityzda
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teupilot View Post
installing a new Aisin water pump on my 78z and noticed in this orientation the weep hole is on the top. Not sure if I ever saw a top weep hole but possibly in other applications this same pump would be oriented 180 degrees out. Original pump has hole on the bottom. Cant see where it would make any difference but wanted to get other opinions.

Nothing at all wrong with the weep hole being on the top. I've seen them both ways through the years and have seen both positions leak coolant (eventually) and never saw any room for concern about the weep hole position. Aisin is a good brand. Z man of Washington

1978 black pearl show car-retired, I bought it new. 1983 zx turbo daily driver, modified, 3rd owner. 1970 240 #638 driver. 1973 240 roadster being built. 50+ other z's & zx's. 57 Chev Sedan Delivery. 79 620 King Cab. Store front
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
landline 360-668-2979 cell 206-363-3577
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
^^ thumbs up

zippityzda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page