What ZCar Would Be Best to Buy First? - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What ZCar Would Be Best to Buy First?

Hey guys, I am sort of a noob at this sort of thing, but I would really like to get into the car restoring hobby. Now, while i've heard that a Z-Car is usually not the place to start, i'm really quite fascinated with them and would love to own one. If anybody can help me in choosing which would be the best to purchase first, that would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
The single most important thing is this: NO RUST.

These cars are prone to major rust problems. I personally don't care what year you pick on, if there's no signficant rust.

You would be well ahead to get one that has already been restored.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you so very much. Do you have any recommendations on what year I should get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrim View Post
The single most important thing is this: NO RUST.

These cars are prone to major rust problems. I personally don't care what year you pick on, if there's no signficant rust.

You would be well ahead to get one that has already been restored.
Yeah, I agree big time with pilgrim. I personally like the z31 vehicles the most, but that's just the way they drive and their looks. But if you are looking to buy one, I would recommend buying one locally, and being able to look at it BEFORE you buy. I was able to go and look at my 1987 300zx before I bought, and i'm glad i did because after pointing out several flaws to the man who I purchased it from, i was able to lower the price $700!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhadic View Post
Hey guys, I am sort of a noob at this sort of thing, but I would really like to get into the car restoring hobby. Now, while i've heard that a Z-Car is usually not the place to start, i'm really quite fascinated with them and would love to own one. If anybody can help me in choosing which would be the best to purchase first, that would be greatly appreciated!
Wait and find the best avialable z with minimal rust within your price range. Also purchase the correct year that you want. Do a lot of research and be confident in your decision/approach of the build prior to just buying something, it will help in the long run.

I have a 280zx, bought because of location I am in and there has not been a z in over 2 years. I did it to build the l28et and transplant it into a 78.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
1st gen (S30) 240-260-280z with least amount of rust. Easy to work on, manual transmission it best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page