carbon fiber hood lighter tension rods - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
carbon fiber hood lighter tension rods

hey guys i recently upgraded the hood on my z car to a carbon fiber one (someone backed into the original steel hood and put a kink in the front edge). anyway got the carbon fiber one in place and it looks good, however the stock tension rods are way to strong for the lighter hood and it pops up to full open forcefully, as well as putting a slight flex in the hood when its closed so the curve doesn't match the side body panels. I took the tension rods out completely and it matches the body work perfectly. but with the front hinges not tensioned any more this lets the nose of the hood play up and down with the hinges moving, where the tension rods hold them in place rigidly. are there any solutions out there for lighter tension rods or am I just gonna have to custom bend some out of thinner steel rods to have less force, it may take some experimentation to get the force right.

the hood is made by seibon.

the blue is temporary its a vinyl wrap test to see how it holds up. and she is gonna go to the paint shop in a month or two
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (298.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (192.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (366.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (281.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by JWoodrell; 06-17-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page