Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Dallas, TX area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Fuel Pressure Regulator test
I am trying to find the problem with my car running rough and no power under load. It's a 75 Z and has run wonderfully for the 20 years I have owned it. I started with checking fuel pressure after the fuel filter. I have a solid 36 psi not running. Running it drops to 29 psi and steady there. It should be 32 I think. Is that much difference a problem? In checking the fuel pressure from the regulator I am getting 36 psi and again a solid 29 psi running. After I shut it down, I am getting very little bleed off of pressure, maybe a pound in an hour.
I guess for now, I am curious if the 29 psi fuel pressure while running is possibly a problem.
Additionally, here is what I have done to the car over the last few months:
1. Pulled injectors and cleaned them - all are functioning basically the same
2. Replaced injector connectors with new ones
3. Checked each connector for electric pulse
4. New fuel rubber hoses for the fuel rail and system under hood
5. New fuel filter
6. New water temp sensor
7. New Distributor Cap and rotor
8. New NGK spark plugs
9. New gas in the tank
10. I have cleaned all electrical connections
So now I am checking fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator and that is where I am at.
I'd appreciate any thoughts.