Removing OEM antenna in full up position. - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Removing OEM antenna in full up position.

Hope you guys can help. I am trying to remove the OEM antenna that is in the extended position. I disconnected in the back panel it many, many years ago because it would not retract all the time. I just purchased an aftermarket stubby one. My problem is I cant find the car part of the plug to plug in & retracted it. I removed all my panels, the foam & carpeting, Stuck my hand in the body & there is nothing. My only thought is that when my mechanic replaced the door latch & somehow the plug got pulled into that area. I don't want to remove any more panels. I don't want to break the OEM antenna either. My question is if it is possible removing the antenna with it being extended. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by surgenj; 05-27-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surgenj View Post
Hope you guys can help. I am trying to remove the OEM antenna that is in the extended position. I disconnected in the back panel it many, many years ago because it would not retract all the time. I just purchased an aftermarket stubby one. My problem is I cant find the car part of the plug to plug in & retracted it. I removed all my panels, the foam & carpeting, Stuck my hand in the body & there is nothing. My only thought is that when my mechanic replaced the door latch & somehow the plug got pulled into that area. I don't want to remove any more panels. I don't want to break the OEM antenna either. My question is if it is possible removing the antenna without extending it at all. Thanks in advance.
So, if I understand your question correctly you want to remove the antenna at the base and remove it altogether? My antenna is retained on the upper side w/ a threaded base. Get some vise grips w/ a rag underneath to protect the chrome and unscrew it. You may have to hold the under side to keep the whole thing from turning. It will just drop down into the fender well when it's un screwed. You may have a problem if the antenna is fully extended for it to go all the way through and be removed. You may be able to retract it from it's extended position by twisting the gears by hand. Good luck.

75' 280Z under restoration
Formerly my Dad's car aquired new
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Great idea. I guess I will try it. I have removed antenna a few times, So I know procedure. I just want to know if it is possible to remove it without damaging the antenna since it is somewhat operational.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Put 12 volts to it might go down.

BLACK GOLD MAN OF DETROIT 78 280Z 80ZX 10TH ANV 83 ZX 2+2 GL

MOTOR CITY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page