User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
280Z Resto progress.

Getting there on my Dad's 1975 280Z resto-mod. Attached are a few photos. This is the result of years of work. It's a ground up project. All new/re-built drive train. Frame rails and tinted raptor sealed chassis. All new/rebuilt suspension. I believe I am doing something better than new. This site has been a great help doing this project. Thank you. The body and interior left to do. I fabbed the grill from a patio table umbrella. I have more photos but can't figure out how to ad them.
Z25.jpg

Z26.jpg

Z27.jpg

Z1.JPG

Z nose 2.jpg

Z12.JPG

75' 280Z under restoration
Formerly my Dad's car aquired new

Last edited by madison; 05-25-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting chassis stand. Looks like a ton of work, and I bet itís going to be awesome. Itís hard to keep
up the restoration motivation for so many years, kudos. I have to do a rolling resto, my wife would kill me if I had a chassis stand like that in our driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Now, I need to find my motivation to get my car off the rotisserie... Would love to see the raptor lining if you get a pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonipa View Post
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Now, I need to find my motivation to get my car off the rotisserie... Would love to see the raptor lining if you get a pic.
No complete photos yet. When I'm done I'll get it up on a lift and do a complete series of photos. If you look at the engine bay area. I did the frame rails in the engine bay area and everything from the firewall back is done w/ raptor liner. In the photo it appears that it might be color and clear coat like the engine bay but it isn't. I have found the raptor liner to be really cool. It is tint able. You simply add your base coat color to their mix. They sell you a sprayer w/ the kit. Just screw the plastic container w/ your base coat added to the sprayer attached to your compressor and go for it. I did the cleaned underside, fender wells and the gas tank. Like I said I am really happy w/ the results. Matching the exterior color w/ the chassis is more in keeping w/ original look and is very durable.

Last edited by madison; 05-24-2019 at 04:16 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8ferg View Post
Interesting chassis stand. Looks like a ton of work, and I bet itís going to be awesome. Itís hard to keep
up the restoration motivation for so many years, kudos. I have to do a rolling resto, my wife would kill me if I had a chassis stand like that in our driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I just fabbed a couple of heavy duty saw horses. It was a bit tricky getting the car up on them. I've long ago lost intense interest but have so much time and effort invested I HAVE to complete it. What has worked for me is to set a goals to COMPLETE certain tasks in order of building so as not to look back at stuff I should have done before. I've worked on it seasonally and found it possible to simply pick up where I've left off the previous year. As far as the wife goes, I get it. I have found that it is easier to get forgiveness than to get permission. Just sayin.'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page