ZCar Forum banner

What color is this? (280ZX)

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dumbestone 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to identify a specific color code for the 1979 model year. I've seen it on a number of occasions online, but I've never been able to find it in catalogs. It's a two-tone paint job that seems to have both Mahogany Metallic (609) and Champagne Metallic (653). But in all the catalogs I've been able to find online, those two colors are listed separately and not as a two-tone option together (and there are other two-tone options listed).

I've contacted the admin of ImportArchive.com, and he has added this mysterious color to the roster. But as far as what it's called, he's just as clueless as I am.

Here's a sample of what I'm talking about, and here are some more examples for reference.

To be clear, this is not just Mahogany Metallic (609), since there are plenty of plain brown '79 and '80 models like this one without said two-tone paint job.

I've only ever seen this two-tone paint job on '79 models, but I'm really hoping it was also available for '80 models since I'd like one in this color with T-tops. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.