ECCS Analyzer J-28835 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ECCS Analyzer J-28835

I have an '83, 280zx turbo 160k miles. It began running sluggish and I took it in for tune up. After a month of trial and error had it moved to a Nissan dealer...four months later still no real answer. Brought it home to tackle it myself. Service manual says you can't diagnose the problem without the subject analyzer...which is the only analyzer that works on this year and model. Anyone else dealing with the problem? Anyone have the analyzer and willing to part with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Did you even try to look https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-...AAAOSwc~NbLEj-

BLACK GOLD MAN OF DETROIT 78 280Z 80ZX 10TH ANV 83 ZX 2+2 GL

MOTOR CITY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
By sluggish do you mean the turbo stopped boosting? Or just overall sluggish? Did it start suddenly or gradually? Does it clear up when the car warms up, or get worse?

I've never been able to find an ECCS tester either, but it's probably not that anyway. I can say with some experience that if the turbo is still okay, the sluggishness is probably due to dirty or corroded electrical connectors, or bad vaccum, or a combo of those. Clean all the electrical connectors you can get to under the hood, includinng ground wires, injectors, etc. If your battery cables are old, replace them with the thickest ones you can find. Unless your battery is tip-top, replace that, too. Check vacuum and replace any leaking hoses. Then try it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Update: I jumped on a heads up from the forum and bought the analyzer listed on eBay. Lady Luck was with me. It is in excellent condition as far as I can tell at this point. The use is described in the service manual. I haven't used it yet since the service manual gives a warning about misuse can cause damage to the eccs so am proceeding with caution. Now I am searching for a copy of the analyzer operators manual. When the lady shines luck...throw the dice again.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 03:22 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Try asking here http://www.locksmithledger.com/compa...553/kent-moore

BLACK GOLD MAN OF DETROIT 78 280Z 80ZX 10TH ANV 83 ZX 2+2 GL

MOTOR CITY

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by black gold man View Post
**** I could really use one of them as well! gotta love the no spark problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page