The DOHC engine is now IN!! THIRTY ONE PICTURES - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The DOHC engine is now IN!! THIRTY ONE PICTURES

So We finally got the engine finished up enough on the stand to get it ready to bolt in the fairlady. We got the head installed for good, cams degreed in, manifolds bolted up for good, CAS mount bolted on and fabricated, etc. Set cams at 110 deg lobe center. We went ahead and just through in a T5 trans for now, as I need to finish up some machine work on the z32 trans. So my friend andy and I installed the engine and trans today. This car has WORKING ac also! I do have to say I couldnt of done all of this without the help and engineering from my father. We together built this engine. So here is some pictures. BTW, the BOV is just sitting on the cold charge pipe. This valve cover is just basicly a dust cover on the engine right now, as I have not finished the real valve cover on the Matsuura.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:51 PM

Re: The DOHC engine is now IN!! THIRTY ONE PICTURES

Congratulations to you and your helpers on getting to this stage. I bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you could actually see that it fitted!

I didn't have a Clue??!!! Until I found Blue...
Blue's Z car tips -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:51 PM

omfg thats amazing!

great work bryan!

F54/P90 w Megasquirt & Holset Hy35W
Schneider cam & valve springs, large NPR intercooler, 440cc inj, Tokico Illuminas, Arizona Z Springs, big sways, Wideband, 3" exhuast, rear discs, toyo fronts
[b]
[/b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2007, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks, but I never had a dought it wouldnt fit, everything was mocked up and buit prior.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:11 AM

that is crazy, how long till we see vids of it running?

So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank, the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.” —Charles Bukowski
82 zx (bought for $810 dollars but only worth 800)
converting to zxt
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Amazing work, now we know what it takes to fill the engine bay!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:08 AM

As I said before "Very nice work". I really hope it yeilds you some nice #'s although I know the true reason you built it, because you can!

A one off setup is nice in it's own right but HHUUMMM I wonder how much $$ could be made if you got together with a caster and turned this into a common build. Of course it would all depend on the costs and the buying market, that's to say if you chose to sell such a thing.

Again, nice work..

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 AM

That's gonna be 1 fast Z!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

There isnt a market for this. People would not want to spend the sort of money it takes to build something like this. Once you even get a casting done, which were talking abot 50 grand to get the mold/core made up. The machine work after the casting is TONS of work. People coud do a 2jz, or RB, etc. for a fraction of the cost.

But yea I mainly did this to use a somewhat stock block with a dohc head. As well as to be the only one in this world to have this setup. I dont like being like everyone else in what I do, as you can see from all of my work, LOL.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-03-2007, 01:57 AM

thats really nice once again if you deciede you dont want it i will take it off your hands

Reno, Nevada 76 280z 2+2 Hopefully running soon. Got everything but the intercooler and piping. Should be ready by summer!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page