ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

headlight covers

640 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Garry 82zx 
#1 ·
hi all,

just got my car out of the paint shop, it looks great, saphire(sp?) blue, i also want to put on the headlight covers, BUT i really dont want to put holes in my Z, what do yall think should i put them on and in a few years maybe fight rust all over again, or just leave it be and get my money back. If anyone has alternative ideas that would be cool, how could i put them on with out haveing to use screws, any ideas?

thanks
JZ

#4 ·
Please check with your local Nissan dealer cos there are fibreglass headlight section made for the 240Z in certain production year. That way they will not rust at all. However, I have headlight covers produced in Hawaii ( bought them from Apple Motors in Honolulu) which only requires one screw at the front. I have them mounted onto my metal headlight section and there are no rust problem for 9 years now. Good luck.

#5 ·
hmmm..

sup JZ,

ok a long time ago i wanted to use headlight covers for my car, but I decided against it because my friend's ones leak, and like your headlight isn't as bright:) But I think someone recommended to me they used 3m double sided tape.Now I don't know if this is a good suggestions but its what someone told me:)

good luck on your desicion

Zya
yuichi

#8 ·
Keep it stock.

Headlight covers, especially using double-sides tape, are probably more trouble than they are worth, IMHO. I doubt that any double sided tape will hold up to the temperature and moisture changes that will undoubtedly exist in this area. Not to mention the fact that you will have some serious trouble removing it if you decide to change your mind and take the **** things off. Another common problem is getting moisture trapped behind the things.

In any case, I just don't think they improve the look of the car at all.

Just my $0.02 - hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.