Exciting news tonight - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exciting news tonight

Tonight I figured out how to insert a picture in a post. I know I know LOL if you wish.

Last week I became well versed in the ways of the AAR valve and took it off and did the FSM tests. It checked out pefect.

Tonight I am doing the Throttle valve switch. Which I also believe is refered too as the Throttle position sensor.... So while pulling off the bolt on the radiator side I noted that it was very tight. I go to remove the one on the other side of the bracket and it is like finger loose..?! So I take the thing off and find that there is a lot of pitting and rust that has developed on the back side of cover. So I believe this sensor has been vibrating a little and that has caused most of the pitting I believe. From the looks of it this is something that has been happening for a long time. Is this a possible vacuum leak as well or? I doubt it but will ask anyway.

So does the backing plate come off of this thing? It looks like I can use a screw driver and pry the cover off to inspect the internals...My goal no breakie cover.

Thanks...I have been trying to find the reason my car has a slight hesitation and hope that maybe I have found something tonight with the TPS...

Tmanh2o, 1983 280zx, 5sp, 92k, KYB GR2 struts, Non turbo Coupe, Jade Grey Metallic, Non t-top, GL edition with Leather, KN air filter, Hi-flow Cat, Wicked Flow muffler, MSD coil, Red Top Optima battery, Michelin XZX tires.. in Seattle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:09 AM

Re: Exciting news tonight

if you drill out those two rivets on the TPS (the bottom of your picture), you can get the cover off without breaking it.

'81 280ZX-N/A 2+2 - stolen on 11-9-2006 :-( - recovered 11-13-2006 :-D
'77 280 - now back to being my project car.
'76 280 2+2 - parts car - slowly being stripped
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Thanks Ethan. I almost went for it. I guess I would have broken it. Glad I waited and glad you answered so quick.

Tmanh2o, 1983 280zx, 5sp, 92k, KYB GR2 struts, Non turbo Coupe, Jade Grey Metallic, Non t-top, GL edition with Leather, KN air filter, Hi-flow Cat, Wicked Flow muffler, MSD coil, Red Top Optima battery, Michelin XZX tires.. in Seattle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 03:32 AM

i have a TPS from a 280zx if you want it.

1980 280zx w/L28ET MSnS-Extra, 11psi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1982 280zx...newest acquisition...
1983 Maxima - just sits in the driveway these days...
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page