MSA/theZstore Terrible Customer Service - Page 2 - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Just typical contrarian trash post.
He's too stupid to grasp what is being said.
It's sad, really, with either option for the reply, and really pathetic if it's both!

Note it was generic, and not specific. Ask Summit for a fuse box cover for your S30, see how far you get.

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun -- that means
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. -- Brick Top
Canadians don't get it. Period. End of discussion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-07-2014, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Coffey View Post
Datsun specific parts or parts that can fit on Datsuns?
Specific. The last order I did was in the spring for an Isky race cam for an L28. I received it within 3 business days at a mark up over ordering directly from Isky. Then again the last time I ordered from Isky directly it took 6 painful weeks to receive the same cam. Summit does have a few specific Datsun parts despite what too lazy to search for detractors with their own personal agenda say. I have also ordered ARP bolts & L28 engine gasket sets.

Americans are the scourge of planet earth. Humanities demise will be at the hands of her meddling narrow minded blind greed & overtly obtuse people.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

I walk Into Isky, drop a core.
I come back three days later leave $100 on the counter and walk out.

How about that fuse box cover? Tail light lens?
You just hate to see the point because it's valid.

BTW, is my cost better or worse than yours at Isky? Or at Summit?

Cherry pick anecdotes all you want...those of us who have been in this a while know the score and support the businesses that support the community.

It's not always about "you"... Then again, why would I think you wouldn't understand that concept...

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun -- that means
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. -- Brick Top

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2015, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Straight man talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
I walk Into Isky, drop a core.
I come back three days later leave $100 on the counter and walk out.

How about that fuse box cover? Tail light lens?
You just hate to see the point because it's valid.

BTW, is my cost better or worse than yours at Isky? Or at Summit?

Cherry pick anecdotes all you want...those of us who have been in this a while know the score and support the businesses that support the community.

It's not always about "you"... Then again, why would I think you wouldn't understand that concept...
Tony D, i don't know you or have i done any business with you, however i'm in the same school you have attended the Old school and i would like to see more members tell the truth like you do ! Thanks for being frank. Blessed new year to yo. Cheers !
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

People who buy cams off the rack aren't really going for every iota of what their engine produces.

Why buy a standard grind when a custom costs no more and fits YOUR engine exactly?

Had a guy get into a serious accident (broke the camshaft while inverted...)

He replicates the build, save uses a "Brand S" cam of what appeared to be "bigger" duration... Called me three weeks later saying "I NEED another Isky Cam! The new one pulls OK on the bottom end, but it just doesn't keep pulling like Ron's grind did!"

You're spending $100 for a bump stick, plus valve train for a cam...why "settle"?

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I too have had problems with MSA. In fact, I am having problems with an order now. They simply do not keep the customer's urgency in mind when doing business. Maybe it is the nature of the automotive business. When you take your car into any service shop they tell you exactly when they can do your car. A car is something that you normally rely upon every day, so that is the way you think and they respond appropriately.

MSA responds like you have all the time in the world and don't really care when you get your items.

I needed an alternator (they are always a problem...) for my 280zx. It ended up being part of a large order. But the alternator was the main item. Well, they assured me that everything was available except for some bolts. I waited... ten I asked them to look I not something for me that turned out to be NLA. They did. I then fully expected my order to be shipping. I found out 3 days later that the alternator was not there yet because "the inventory was off". Meanwhile I am waiting to get my car fixed and driving around with a flaky alternator!! How infuriating. I told them exactly, they knew a week beforehand that they did not have that alternator. A week before I finally asked about it. And d they did not tell me. What kind of customer service is that.

Turns out I can source the alternator locally for $100 more... Frankly, it is not worth waiting.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Update. They had an alternator in stock when I called about the order. As time went on they sold out of that alternator and became out of stock. They billed me for the remainder of the order and waited for a new alternator to come on-hand.

That seems to be bad practice to me. I would prefer that they take the order and charge the credit card immediately for what they have on-hand. What do you guys think?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page