LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs up New zcar owner in UT

Howdy,

I am a texas immigrant living in Utah. always loved s30 zcars and I am lucky to have finally found one.

Little info about my zcar,
About six months ago I picked up a 1975 280z that hasn't been registered sense 1991. She doesn't have too much rust but the whole fuel tank and lines are done for. Car does turn over and will run if I manually feed it gas. The interior is shot as well, so I got rid of all of it as well. Currently in the middle of restoring the dash and prepping the body to be media blasted and primed. Next steps after current work is customizing driver side to fit my large carcass (I'm 6'5") without looking like mister incredible driving around and then do something about my fuel system, I'm thinking I am going the fuel cell wrought but not sure (would be glad to hear some suggestions)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Hi, I'm fairly new here. But wanted to say welcome! This is a great forum.
The car sounds great. Post photo's when you are able.
I had a 510 once many years ago and the tank was bad so I bought a fuel cell to replace it. I ended up selling the car and all the parts I bought for it before installing anything on it.
I'd say search the forum also when you get a chance and see if anyone has posted anything about putting one in a Z.
Do you need the seat lower for better leg room? Or is it cramped and need more elbow space? At least S30 Z interiors are kind of roomy compared to some sport and GT cars.

'73 Datsun 240Z - '85 Mazda RX-7 - '91 Mazda RX-7 TII - '61 VW Kafer

Last edited by thumpgun; 12-22-2016 at 09:38 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:52 PM

Location: Workin in the United Arab Emirates; Livin in North Carolina; Born and raised in Southern Utah
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
welcome

where in Utah are you? I grew up in the St. Goerge area. and what are your plans for your Z? just fix up broken stuff or heavy modifying? if you just want to repair some things, just start with the basics. if your fuel tank is that bad, I would try to get another one and replace all the fuel lines in that area. you could remove your tank and have it cleaned and replace your old fuel pump as well. NAPA usually carries OEM parts still so they are worth going to. also, read up on www.xenonzcar.com and touch base with the S30 section. must read for good info on your Z.

Cheers,

Bon

Nos, primer paint, piller gauges, fart cans, funky spoilers, low riders, annoying drivers...
Oooh, I'm trembling with fear as the stop light is near, I sit in my Z in the presence of thee....
Whatever man. Leave that dumb crap to the Honda goons!

Pooja -- 1987 300zx 2+2 non-turbo. International DD
Suzanna -- 1983 280zx coupe non-turbo. Stateside DD
Alana -- 1976 280z coupe NA2T. Weekend Warrior
Dianna -- 1980 280zx coupe slick-top. Former DD ~ Sold.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks y'all, yeah I want to make the seat lower and squeeze it as far back as possible. Just going to try and milk it for every mm possible. I already took the tank to a radiator shop to get it relined and they told me it was a goner, even the sending unit is done for. so thats why I was thinking fuel cell. I will for sure need help though cause i have never messed with the fuel lines and feel very lost with it. my goals right now it just getting it running and clean it up and go maybe in the racing simplicity where if its not needed just get rid of it, if I could I would just cover the interior all the way around in stainless steel sheets and maybe a roll cage. after that i might look into mods and engine swaps but my goal is to keep it clean and simple as possible. I got a job in Orem Utah as a admin for a hosting company up here. Yeah I have already been to napa enough times that I think they all know me by name.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page