Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z - View Single Post - Cowl Panel Upper
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 PM
tennhogfan

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I am currently in the same boat, as many others. Obviously new ones don't exist and used may not be in any better shape. Early on I had the windshield pulled and used rust preventative paint to buy me some time until I could get my garage set up at our new house.

Fast forward to my new garage. After carefully cutting from the car this was the extent of mine:

I cut the pinch weld right off the cowl in one piece. Then, I cut it into two strips which I laid flat on a sheet of 20g steel, traced with a sharpie and cut out with a pneumatic shear.

Then tacked together only enough to clamp into place on the car and tack several more areas.

Same with the roof. Once clamped in place tack in several more areas but not welded to car yet.

Then welded solid from underneath. The windshield ss trim molding clamp strips are still avaialble from Nissan. Upper (72825-p7100) and lower (72826-p7100).

Memphis, TN 1981 280zx n/a, retired 1999 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 2006 Toyota Rav-4 Limited

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome