Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z - View Single Post - 280zx front valance/airdam rust repair (lots of pics)
ZCar.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:34 AM  
heroe
Super Moderator

Default Re: 280zx front valance/airdam rust repair (lots of pics)

You are right on time, I was thinking about pulling my front valance off yesterday! Mine is roughly the same shape as yours, without the holes. Btw folks, the holes in Tennhogfans valance is not the correct way to remove a dent. If it was mine I would be welding up the holes. If your buddy used anything more than a handheld speedblaster at 120 psi to sandblast your valance, the sand blasting creates a lot of heat, and warps the metal. Not good for thin metals. But like you said, it was probably blown all over the place as well. Mine are welded together as well. Maybe they came like that. I would go the media blasting route on mine too. I dislike stripping paint, and media blasting is the method of choice. Another viable option is black dragon. For 50 bucks per piece, you can have a new metal valance for 150 plus shipping. Not bad. I have almost a quart of paint for this project. I just have to convince myself to give my car some down time. Now that the A/C is working, thats hard to do!