User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
280zx turbo

1983 Datsun 280zx turbo this car is a 5 speed that has been adult owned it's whole life. The Body is in very good condition with a few minor dings. The car has new brakes, tires, struts, combination switch and the engine wiring harness has had every electrical connector replaced the new connectors were soldered and marine shrink wrapped. This is a very solid California car located in Tulare, CA with less than 56k miles with no rust and can be enjoyed now.The price I am asking is firm 8500.00.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0351.jpg (234.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0355.jpg (269.5 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by 510sss; 04-15-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:39 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have got to doubt your mileage figure. I know that it is a 6-digit odometer, but there are a few things that seem to make it unbelievable.

The connectors in the engine bay should not need replacing. Neither should the combination switch. The combination switch especially. That is something which wears with use, ie. mileage.

just my 2 cents on this one.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The car sat unused for a number of years. I chased electrical gremlins after cleaning all of the connectors in the engine bay and the headlights/taillights. Only after replacing the combination switch did the headlights, tailights and turn signals begin to work which had been confirmed with an multi meter as having intermittent conections. Only after replacing the fuel filter and injectors and the connectors did the motor run without issues (varnish). I have seen 300zx twin turbos need the engine wiring harnesses replaced at 60k due to the extra heat from the turbo in the engine compartment. I personally believe that corrosion from sitting and the cold solder that Nissan was so fond of in the period this car was built are culprits.

I just sold a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire with less than 30k miles after chasing down various electrical and vacuum related gremlins and the car had not set for numerous years.Having switches and sensors fail
is not unheard of.

I had an uncle who owed a consignment garage in Morro Bay, CA who always used to state that the worst thing you can do to a car is not to drive it. Well this car is being driven somewhat regularly now after problems from sitting have been cleared up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page