'79 280z for sale *Black Pearl* - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
'79 280z for sale *Black Pearl*

Hello,

About 10 years ago i bought a 280Z from my uncle that found me one down in Atlanta. i am now going to sell it and was looking for a little guidance on pricing or possible offers. This majority of the car is all original clutch seats steering wheel engine etc. i recently put a new sport radiator in it because it had a leak. it has been in storage and it hasn't driven it in over 3 years. i was looking on a suggested price for this car, or offers. i cannot post a picture but i can send one to anyone that would like to take a look. Still runs it just probably needs a new battery. it was also a special edition that was a short production, i believe it has a black pearl paint job, which it still has the paint numbers under the hood. its a little sun damaged from the harsh Georgia sun. Send me a message and i can send more pictures

Jason

EDIT: This is actually a '78 280z with the limited run in Black Pearl
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1484184511183.jpg (38.7 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1484184520841.jpg (36.8 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Random_Hero; 01-16-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Looks like a very nice car. It will be much more valuable and well worth your time and expense (unless you don't have mechanical skills) to get the car in good running condition and drive around a little. Post some pictures of the engine, interior, close up of any worn paint areas, and look for rust. You could get around $10,000 or more if it runs great, has a clean, detailed engine, has like new interior, good tires, and no rust. It should have a fan shroud on the new radiator too. Drop that price in half if it has light rust, doesn't run well, interior is worn/torn, corroded engine compartment, electrical issues, etc. You also have to search the CL markets around GA and other southeastern states. I live in CA and the prices tend to be higher here.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
i actually went back an pulled the title, turns out this is a '78 280z with the black pearl paint. i dont know if that affects the value.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2017, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
black pearl

http://zhome.com/History/BlackP.htm

I dont know all that much about black pearl 280zs other than that they only made about 1000 of them. I dont know if every black 78 280z was a black pearl, but i dont think so. In fact, yours doesnt have several of the characteristics that differentiate the black pearl edition, other than the black paint and maybe silver door sills. The black pearl had red and gold stripes, it had factory louvers and odd mirrors.

If you had an all stock black pearl, with super low miles and showroom condition, and if you found one of the very few people who are interested in late model 280zs you might get $15,000 for it - maybe more of the 2 people who are actually interested in these cars bid against one another for it.

Looking at the car you have, my guess is somewhere in the $6000 to $8000 range, depending on where you are located. Maybe $5000 if you are not in a major city...

One of the best pricing mechanisms is if you go to ebay and do a search, then hit completed listings (on the left side), and then see what people have actually gotten recently for like or similar cars.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page