1977 280Z V8 For Sale - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1977 280Z V8 For Sale

Well, unfortunately it is time to sell one of my Z cars in Ohio.

This is a 1977 280Z with a SBC 350 V8 swap/conversion. Car has an automatic TH350 transmission installed with a Hurst Pro-Matic inline shifter. Stock clutch pedal, master cylinder and lines are still in place if you decide to go manual. Car runs and drives, but has not seen much road time lately as I travel a lot for business and can never find time. Car could use some TLC and restoration, but is in overall good shape and sounds like a true beast when started. Some rust spots, but no holes or rust through. Engine is a 1974 Chevrolet 350 with 4-bolt mains (told this by original owner) and swap was done using the Hooker Headers engine swap brackets/kit about 17 years ago. Exhaust is stock cast manifolds into a custom 2.5" exhaust with single Flowmaster muffler, and exits in stock location. Only clue that this car is a V8 from a distance is the low profile hood scoop, large exhaust pipe and how she sounds when running.

Car is complete, but will come with a wealth of additional parts including stock interior and exterior trim pieces/lighting, new front and rear Addco sway bars (never installed), new poly-urethane front air dam (race style, never installed) and more. Can email pics.

One note, the 15" wheels pictured on the car do NOT go with it and will be replaced by a nice set of 14" aluminum slots, but I will also include a set of 15" aluminum "web" wheels with the sale. Everything goes for $6,500. Car is in Northeast Ohio Akron/Cleveland area and will need to be transported if going any distances. Will work with buyer to arrange transport.

reply post for additional details/questions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3903.jpg (278.8 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3904.jpg (173.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3905.jpg (223.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3906.jpg (260.5 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3907.jpg (171.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3908.jpg (242.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3909.jpg (266.3 KB, 69 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2016, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sorry to hear you are selling it, do you still have this car? Also does it run?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidistight View Post
Sorry to hear you are selling it, do you still have this car? Also does it run?
Yes, I still have the car and it runs and drives as is. It needs the details, etc. dialed in, but is complete and drives ok as is. Car needs some TLC and mainly surface and paint work and a few mechanical upgrades. That is part of reason I have many extra parts for it, just never had the time or money to complete.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 09:33 PM

Could you email me the list of other parts, or just reply them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Car is complete, but will come with a wealth of additional parts including stock interior and exterior trim pieces/lighting, new front and rear Addco sway bars (never installed), new poly-urethane front air dam (race style, never installed) and more.

I have quite a few extra parts in various boxes, etc. including spare center console, extra set of rear louvers (blue), extra speedo, tach and other gauges, new fusible link covers (engine bay area), misc. marker and taillights, a pop-up aftermarket sunroof (used), spare used differential (R180 or R200?), extra pair of seat tracks, extra lower front grill insert, extra heater control head units, new Moog ball-joints and tie-rod ends (I think), extra rack and pinion steering unit... Would need to sort through my bins to see what else is out there, but those are the major parts I think.

For additional questions you can contact me direct. Paladin at NEO dot RR dot COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page