1971 Datsun 240z (Fully Restored) - Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1971 Datsun 240z (Fully Restored)

This is a Fully Restored 1971 Datsun 240z. It is a matching numbers restoration.

This 240z was professionally restored 8 years ago by a pair of Datsun/Nissan factory- trained mechanics. I purchased it from them in Tennessee. Since being restored it has only seen rain once and that was when I was driving it back from Tennessee. It sits under cover in my humidity controlled garage.
This 240z has its original 2.4 Liter inline 6 with factory twin SU carburetors, with a high compression head. It has a Nissan remanufactured starter, new alternator, new clutch/disc, new slave cylinder. It sports a classic 280zx header-back exhaust, with period correct chrome tip. The exhaust note is throaty and just lovely at speed! The chassis and undercarriage has been media blasted and repainted in black. All new suspension was then added; new polyurethane bushings and shocks all around. A complete new brakes system was installed including; new master cylinder, all hoses and lines, new rotors, rear disc pads and shoes. The body was completely stripped down to bare metal, all dings and abrasions addressed, primed, double sanded before painted in 2005 Infiniti G35 Red; engine bay, fairings and front fascia were included. New emblems, OEM new chrome bumpers, new headlamps and buckets installed, new parking lamps, sidemarker lamps with all associated rubber seals and gaskets as well. Every nut and bolt, gasket and seal has been replaced with new parts. All hood, door and hatch gaps are excellent, with no adjustment needed. Lastly the exterior is complemented with period correct slotted mags. This all makes for a stunningly clean, retro-reminiscent 240z just as you remember it from 1971!

The interior is new, as original as possible; just absolutely beautiful! This new interior has had all the trim replaced, a new overlay dash, new carpet (loop and pile like stock/OEM), new headliner, new sun visors, new seat covers. The seats are aftermarket in order to accommodate those of us that are taller than average. The driver side does show some signs of wear and tear (ie sliding your butt cross it when getting in and out). Of course they are manual adjustment and adjust for length and rake. It has new door panels and new hardware; they all look and function excellent. All gauges are present and work as they should; fuel gauge, temperature gauge, oil gauge, tach and speedometer. Although, the fuel gauge never shows full, it does work (I suspect this is just a glitch with the in-tank fuel level float). Turn signal indicators, windshield wipers and horn are all working, again as they should. An aftermarket sound system has been installed, complete with remote and Aux input. There are no electrical gremlins as the entire electrical system right down to the wiring harness is new.
It is nimble, quick and solid; a perfect driver’s car! And this 240z grabs attention. It is not the cookie cutter, look like every other “sports car” on the roads today. All who see it either wave, give the thumbs-up or drive up alongside just to look and crave that yesteryear command of the driving experience no longer with us in the modern day era of electronics and plushness.
Finally, this car is for sale. My situation is changing and I cannot keep this car garaged as it has been since the restoration. It deserves a new home with someone who will appreciate this car for what it is; a great example of what a 240z should be. An extraordinary about of time, effort and yes, love has gone into bringing back this Z to its current standards. I am selling this car and not giving it away. Do not expect me to appreciate a low-ball effort, just as I will expect you to not be affronted with an honest and fair price.

Price: $22,500 Firm

Here are a few pictures:

More pictures available here:

http://s868.photobucket.com/user/n4s...6/library/240z

Or if you care to have additional info or pictures, let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
PM'd
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2016, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hi, where about are you located?
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alEKs View Post
hi, where about are you located?
I'm in Columbia, MD but the car is in my garage in Virginia Beach, Va.

The down side to taking a new job but not having a garage up here for it yet.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have added a ton more pics.

Here is a link to that page.

I also took some videos too

Walk-Around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkedfFAK6xA

Quick Drive:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kupkfEws-8w

Exhaust and Engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q83Y9gKjx8s

Let me know if you have any questions
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I wish I wasn't poor...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil-1142 View Post
I wish I wasn't poor...
Haha, I completely understand. Just think of it as an investment. They are only going up in valve.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-04-2016, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Beautiful car and very well done.

Although the biggest misconception is there is no such thing as "numbers matching" in the old Z cars. The eng/tranny do not have the same VIN as the car. Numbers matching only goes for American Muscle cars (there might be others). I would change the add to OEM driveline or something to that affect.

Lost Wages NV
Current Whip 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 6 speed

2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8GT LimeRock Green Metallic (sold)
1976 280Z,LT1, WC T-5, Miata Seats, Vette tail, and other stuff. (sold!)
1978 280z sold
1979 280zx yellow parts car
1979 280zx Citrus Green - very rare factory color - Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank you, I appreciate it. I can't take the credit for the restoration, I've just maintained it.

You are 100% correct that the eng/tranny do not have same VIN. I probably should have said something along the lines of this:
This is motor and tranny that came in the car from the factory and that the motor has been rebuild to OEM standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittle View Post
Beautiful car and very well done.

Although the biggest misconception is there is no such thing as "numbers matching" in the old Z cars. The eng/tranny do not have the same VIN as the car. Numbers matching only goes for American Muscle cars (there might be others). I would change the add to OEM driveline or something to that affect.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not sure why but it looks like the links to the pictures are not working. Here they are again.

Pictures from the restoration:
http://s868.photobucket.com/user/n4s...ion%20Pictures

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan : Datsun ZCar forum :Nissan Z Forum: 240Z to 370Z forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page